For the past few months I have been experiencing the tingling feeling in my right thigh as if it has "fallen asleep". It occurs when I am actively walking or even when I am sleeping. I am overweight however I am on a program to lose. I also was going to the gym 4 times a week until July of 2006 due to work demands. I will be going back to the gym starting tomorrow but am concerned about this feeling. Any ideas?

Hi Denise,

I can really help you with this, except consol you that I am experiencing the same thing. It is like a loss of feeling when you touch the skin in that area. It has been two or three weeks now. I especially notice it when having slept on that side.

I just recently had this issue as well, but it's only when I'm sleeping and it's only the right thigh. 3 Weeks ago, I had minor surgery to remove an abscess on my breast, so I couldn't sleep on my stomach like I normally do. It's quite annoying right now. I just wonder how long will I have to deal with this issue.

For the past few weeks, I also have had the tingling needle pains in my right thigh. I was at the stove fixing dinner or at the sink doing dishes or standing in line the the store. I only had it on the right side.

For ten years I would get a numb feeling on the right and it was a pinched nerve thing when I was standing for a period of time, but now it is like pins. I am a Diabetic and wonder if it has anything to do with that? I will check with my Dr. if continues

I have just recently (within the last 2 months) been experiencing a tingling and numbness in my right thigh. When I was out mowing the lawn, it seem to gradually get stronger in intensity. I am a pre-diabetic, and wondered if that had something to do with it. Nonetheless, it's nice to know that I am not alone, and that others are experiencing this as well, and that its not all in my head. I woud just like to know the CAUSE of it, so I can make it go away. I am a female 46yrs old.

I too have been having the tingling in my thigh- more like a numbness and the pins and needles- I notice that the responses I saw all said that it was only in their right thigh- mine is my left thigh- I am left handed- are all of the people who have it in their right thigh right handed?

Hello
I also have had tingling and pin like sensations with my left thigh. My docters just scratch their heads. Has anyone been diagnosed ?

I was searching for a reason for the numbness in my thigh and found this board. Then I found another site that said to google "Meralgia Paresthetica" I think this is the cause of most of your problems. I think the Mayo clinic site was very informative.

I have been getting the tingling numbing sensation on the outside of my left thigh too. I am not diabetic, just over weight. It happens when I am sitting on a chair and maybe sometimes when I lay down. I started working out 4 days a week about 3 weeks ago and I thought it might be related. I also was involved in a fender bender just before it started. It was a small bump to the tune my car had no damamge whatsoever which makes me think it could not be the reason. My wife, an RN, thinks it is a pinched nerve.

Interesting that most seem to get it on the left side. I also gey tingling/pins and needles on the outside of my left thigh, but if I poke the area it is numb. Some times it comes in waves and can be really painful. :-(
Usually while sitting, but after being active. I wish I knew what it was

Hey.
For 2 weeks now i have had loss off feeling in my left thigh causing serious back pain under my spinal cord. I have really bad hip pain which is resulting in my hip to click when walking. It hurts constantly and i also getting; dizziness, sickness, tiredness, aches and pains in my joints and lack of food and drink. I have shooting pains in my back which go all the way down my left leg. I am right handed but my right side seems unaffected. Pain also shoots across from my left hip to my right around 3 times a day. Sharp pains resulting in me having to limp and lie down. Anyone help?

My left thigh has been having the tingling feeling but only when i touch that area. Its been this way for a couple weeks now. I'm afraid it may be a blood clot or nerve damage. I've not had any surgery lately or anything like that either. What should i do?

I am 22 yrs old. I have had a numb left thigh since I can remember. The tingling and burning happens usully when I am laying on my back in bed. I went to the doctor and she couldnt explain it and refered to a medical text book. After doing a little research I found out it is a spinal disorder, some from an injury or evensymptoms of multiple sclrerosis. After reading this I will be visiting a specialist asap as this can be very serious.

Hey Everyone:

Just wondering; there seems to be an increase of this pins and needles sensations. Alot is no doubt
due to stress or stress triggered. I also have the same pins and needles and burning. I had an MRI
and I couldn't believe it but MS was ruled out. I have several friends that have MS and it sure does
match most symptoms. I know that metabolic disorders can do this after ALOT of stress or anxiety.
How can we get back to the normal feeling? Since there are so many of us with this neurolological
problems what has anyone figured out? The doctors and specialists seems stumped; I think there
needs to be a push on to the medical community for neurological and autoimmune diseases.

PS I've noticed that alot of people with MS or autoimmune diseases suffer in silence or get NOWHERE
with the medical community. Let's say we share information. We can probably all agree that stress
with perhaps a cold, viral infection started the inflammation of the brian/spinal cord....but why doesn't
everyone get this? More importantly, how can we reverse it. I think the pain is covered up well with
anti-depressants and pills but also it might just mask the pain. Your thoughts and ideas are welcome.
XD :-)

Hello I also have the tingling in my right thigh and it started about 3 yrs ago and it was a small bump sort of like a knot on the side of my thigh and so now the tingling and numb feeling is almost to my hip to my knee and the dr told me it was fat tissue between my skin and my muscle and I could have surgery to remove it if I wanted but I did not want surgery but now it seems to be worse and sometimes when I bend over or stretch it too far it feels really hot and like something is moving in my thigh. So I am not sure what it is but I wish I did.