The first day of my last period was on January 9th, we had sex on January 19 and the condom broke so, I took Plan B on January 20th. It's now February 17th and I still haven't had my period yet! The pharmacist told me that Plan B will throw off my period, but since I was over a week late, I took a pregnancy test, which came out positive. I've already made an appointment with my OBGYN, however my question is could Plan B create a false positive in the pregnancy test? I know that the pregnancy tests look for a hormone that your body creates when you are pregnant, but I'm unsure if that is the same hormone that is in Plan B, so could have Plan B create the false positive in the pregnancy test?

I took the Plan B pill about 12 hours after I had an unprotected sex (the condom broke), 2 weeks later I missed my period and a week later I had a positive test result, confirmed by sound test. Unfortunatelly, plan B DOES NOT WORK. I used to take emergency contraception before, when I lived in Europe, and I only paid like $10 for the pill, and they worked. I was shocked to learn that there no other alternative products in the US, only Plan B that costs 4 times more than a French equivalent. I was shocked even more to find out that unlike similar European products, IT FAILS TO PROTECT YOU. It seems like Plan B enjoys the absolute monopoly in the US market, costing 4 times of what a pill like that costs in Western Europe and it is not effective. Should we all sue them?