The beginning of my last period was April 3rd. I would have been fertile on April 12-20, but ovulating on the 17th. I do take birth control pills, on time, everyday. During the time I was fertile and ovulating, I had been on antibiotics. I know that you can definitely get pregnant while on antibiotics with birth control because the antibiotics would have cancelled out the birth control.

I am definitely not trying to get pregnant and hope that I am not, but I have been feeling funny lately. I know period symptoms are the same as PMS but I guess I just get nervous when my period is suppose to come. I am supposed to get my period tomorrow, according to my Period app, but two days ago I took a pregnancy test. I know they say to not wait 10 minutes and look at the test, but I noticed after ten minutes it was a faint line, looking like it was positive. So I said to myself, it is a false positive so I'm not pregnant. Then I took another test yesterday and it was Negative.

I just am unsure what is going on, and if these cramps I am having for two days is normal because usually when I am cramping bad it means I should be getting my period that same day. The cramps have come and gone, but I notice them in the morning more than all day. Please help!

Hi TanXZee,

As you say you may be.  To be honest, the only thing you can do is just to wait, time will tell.  Wait a few more days and if you still don't get your period than take another test but use your first pee of the day to take it as it will have the highest concentration of the HCG hormone.

Good luck and hope this helps.

I'm just hoping I'm not. I definitely cannot handle a baby. A negative test is good, and I have never heard of someone being pregnant when the test was negative. The false positive was a Rexall test which is a bad test apparently. I obviously did not know that! But, the second test which was the definite negative was First Response which is a good brand. Do you ever feel the symptoms of your period coming but it doesnt yet? I want to see if someone feels similiar!

Yes, when I did have my periods I would feel the symptoms always a couple of days before. Sore and tender breasts (even after my hysterectomy last year at the age of 37 I still get this), light to moderate cramps that changed to severe when I started to bleed, cravings for either sweet or salty usually chocolate sometimes chips, and I would get pain down my legs. So yes I got severe PMS symptoms. That is normal with every female.

Hope this helps

Thanks so much! That helps me alot!

Hey no problems at all, that is why the site is here!