Im super confused I had unproteced sex feb 26 according to my ovulation calander from my last menstrual period which was feb 15th-18th it calculated my high fertilitye dates to be from the 24th-28th so i took the plan b pill on the feb 29th but now im late i took a pregnancy test & its positive? how does this happen ?? :cry: :(

Hi sil,

Plan B, actually any birth control, is not 100% effective. The sooner you take the Plan B the higher the effectiveness. You have up to 72 hours to take it and you were at the end of that window.

At best, Plan B figures about an 85% success rate.

Double check the test. It is unlikely that you have a false positive however.

Hope it helps.

Thank you I took the Plan B the next day less than 24hrs after having sex but im not sure if those being my fertile days interfer with the pill working ??

It shouldn't.

Check with your doctor for a confirmation.

I did have cramps for a few days so I was sure everything was ok but now its been a few days of being late & this test is positive, do you think it can be wrong? Im just scared to be not like im super young im 32yrs but i dont see myself being pregnant im freaking out = (

The HPT test for hCG, a hormone made by the developing fetus. Plan B give you a burst of hormones but not hCG. It should not give you a false positive.

thank you for all your words they really helped. So then i should not be in denile & accept that I am pregnant ?

It does look likely by your other signs, late period and positive test.
Take another test and check with your doctor.

I guess its making the choice if I am? is really what im more scared of.
Thanks a million & good nite