As of 3/23/12 I was advise by urget care I was pregnant after taking four pregnancy test and taking two of them home as proof because I couldn't believe it. Now today 3/27 I see my Ob/gyn and pregnancy test is negative. I haven't had a menstrual cycle since 1/26/12. My cycle for the last years have been regular! About a month ago I took out my implanon birth control and now I have to take medicine to make my period come on. Lately I've been feeling movement in my pelvic area.. my dr referred me to a GI doctor, how is this suppose to help??

Hi Mememe,

False positives are uncommon.  The tests look for a specific hormone that is made only by the fetus.  I assume these were urine tests that you took.  They are usually very sensitive.

Did the ob/gyn do any bloodwork?  There are two methods of testing, a qualitative analysis in which the test is basically are you or are you not pregnant, or a quantitative analysis which reads the amount of hCG, the hormone, in your blood.

no bloodwork ordered, I was taking HCG injections for weightloss.... for some reason I continue to feel movement in my stomach more and more and my stomach isgetting bigger....I guess time will tell..hopefully GI dr will give me an ultrasound...

OK,

There is a very good chance it was a false positive caused by the hCG injections.  hCG is the hormone the pregnancy tests look for.

I think your doctor feels that the problem may be GI related, the movement.  It's unlikely that you are feeling a baby at about 6 weeks pregnant, the baby would be very tiny still.

I would feel so much better knowing what it is rather than guessing...

I understand that.

You are getting checked it just takes time. Different doctors specialize in different areas.

Keep us posted and good luck.