I have a perscription for methadone but haven't been taking it regularly. I took a 10mg pill on sunday for pain and on tuesday I had a positive pregnancy test. I had another positive test on wednesday but I don't know if they are false because of the methadone. I am close to 3 weeks late on my period with lots of cramping and very tired with sore boobs but I don't want to sound a false alarm! Am I pregnant?

Methadone has NO effect on pregnancy tests...Your pregnant and congradulations.
Before you get scared Methadone has no adverse effects on the health of your baby and a great forum for support of women who are taking methadone and are pregnant is
methadonesupport.org/pregnancy
again, congrats, I hope its what you wanted and if not weight ALL your options before making any decisions. Alot of women do things that they later regret while they are still in shock over being pregnant. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. Good luck :-)

This poster is WRONG!!!  Different meds such as methadone CAN cause a false positive preg test!!!  I am on methadone and I just had a positive preg test from a urine AND blood test done at the hosp!  I looked up info about false positive preg tests cuz i really didnt feel as tho i were preg and after a little research I found a medical site tht does state tht med like methadone can trigger a false positive!!!  So make sure u do plenty of research b4 believing another person...even me!   Go to babymed.com and research this topic and see for yourself like I did!

This is happening to me right now, and the methadone clinic I go to said my last drug screen said I wasent pregnant, and are now trying to detox me and throw me out!! When for 2 months I've believed I was pregnant , I haven't gone to an OB yet bcuz I'm waiting on my medicaid to start. I mean o was shocked when they told me, and the. Assume I did this on purpose!!! I'm horrified I'm saving all this information and I'm taking it into my meeting tomorrow bcuz this isn't right.

This is wrong I'm doing iui fertility treatments right now and am on methadone for pain and I have gotten false positives this month blood tests confirmed no hcg in my system please see a dr immediately some get false positives and some are real.