I took the drug Prometrium earlier this month to try to have a period. I never did have a period and just this weekend I've been feeling lousy. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they are all positive. Can this medicine cause a false positive pregnancy result since it's progesterone??

Pregnancy tests only measure the pregnancy hormone hcg, NOT progesterone. If 4 tests showed a positive result, then congratulations, you are indeed pregnant. You should call your doctor right away.

Amy : )

i havnt had a period since Oct 31 due to Lupron Depot, to cure endometriosis
and now doc put me on prometrium, 3 days into it i took a pregnancy test for the hell of it, and it was a faint positive.. Doc appt tomorrow so i'll see what he says.. kinda excited and more scared. can Prom, show false positive test??

was is positive during the test ? am also getting +ve result, I have taken the drug Prometrium for 10 days to get my period...