Can I lower my cholesterol by include plant stanol/sterols? If can, how should plant stanol/sterols be incorporated into the diet? I mean where I can find them, what food contains them? Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

Plant stanols and sterols are structurally similar to cholesterol and because of this they can compete with cholesterol for incorporation into the mixed micelles that are necessary for absorption of dietary and biliary cholesterol from the intestinal lumen into the intestinal cell. About the use…In the commercial products available, 1 serving of the product is formulated to contain 1 gram of plant stanols (Benecol) or plant sterols (Take Control), but to obtain the maximal effect, 2 -3 servings of these products should be consumed daily. Currently, only margarine spreads fortified with plant stanols/sterols are available in the US. In Europe are available other formulations of plant stanol such as yogurt and cream cheese spreads.LDL cholesterol is lowered an additional 15% when plant stanols/sterols are added to the diets.