I have trouble with acne ever since I can remember. I have tried all kinds of products and nothing really helped me. However, recently my friend told me that cortisone injections have helped her with her acne. Can you tell me more about it?

You need to go to your dermatologist, to see in what kind of condition your skin is. Cortisone is useful in suppressing inflammation in the short term, and dissolving scar tissue. It also stabilizes the body's defenses, speeding the healing process in the long term. It is very effective in causing certain cysts to disappear. Cortisone helps to reduce swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions. It is used to treat severe allergies, skin problems, asthma, arthritis and other conditions. Generic cortisone injections are available and I have to mention that some cortisone injections can be painful. Cortisone injection therapy is useful as the sole method of adult acne treatment of intermittent acne. Intermittent acne is acne that only flares from time to time. It is helpful as an additional treatment when acne is not adequately suppressed with antibiotics and cortisone injections are always given by the doctor.

Good day patenaude,

Administering cortizone shots is not getting at the root cause of acne. The root cause of acne is toxins in the blood and out of balance hormones. Your blood becomes filthy as a result of the foods you eat. I could go on and on about this but I will simply direct you to some links. The first thing I would recommend is the e-book "Your last acne solution" this will tell you everything you need to know about acne and how to cure it. I would also recommend the book "Cleanse and Purify thyself" this will tell you more about proper diet and internal cleansing. You need to get your blood as clean and as pure as possible. The foods you eat and the condition of your bowels have everything to do with how clean your blood is. Yes it is going to take a lot of work, but this is about your health and right now you are in a diseased state. Also be aware that there is no pill or lotion that will cure acne so a trip to the dermatologist is a waste of time and money.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web adresses not allowed **

This comment is for Scooby Doo. Your information is very interesting, I was wondering where could I get a copy of that e-book you mentioned. If it cannot be advertised here would you please email me at ************

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Thanks a bunch.

Hello Scooby Doo:

Your comments on cortisone injections sound very interesting, where could I find this e-book you speak of?

Acne is a result of Dirty Blood? No, Jaundice is a result of dirty blood. Acne is a genetic condition in which the skin glands produce too much oil. Mild acne may improve as you suggest, but not because your blood is clean...because your body can fight the infection a little better. Don't misinform the world with your ignorance.

Toxins? I'm sorry, but "toxins" do not cause acne. Talk to a dermatologist.

The anwer at last. After being an acne suferer for 20+ years and a nurse just as long, now I find out that it's because I have dirty blood. (Sarcasm here). What a pile of poo from you, Scooby Doo!

I hope not one person is mislead by your dribble and does not spend on dime on your book. How freightening!

You are crazy scooby doo...don't post if you have no idea what you are talking about....years of studies have shown that what you eat has almost NOTHING to do with acne

"cleanse and purify thyself" ??? FILTHY blood? what on earth?
I hope no one believes any of that because that is the most inaccurate thing i've ever heard.
I just went to my dermatologist yesterday because I have prom coming up, so as a last minute resort he gave me several cortisone injections. I had a few bad pimples, and i also had a cyst forming on my cheek. I woke up this morning and every one of them had either reduced dramatically or disappeared altogether. It is a very effective way of clearing up hormone or stress related flare-ups, but is not reccomended as a long term form of treatment.

a derma is a waste of time and money?? what is wrong with you?? dirty blood? foods we eat?? *** get your facts straight dirty blood

I'm all for a healthy diet (whole grains, at least 5 servings of fruit/veg daily, cut back on junk food, etc.), but "toxins"? Oh, come on. As a general rule, whenever someone claims that one's body or blood is full of "toxins", you have probably run into junk science.

What's more, if you have "toxins" in your blood, your liver and kidneys are compromised. Acne would be the least of your problems.

What the others have said about cortisone injections is correct. When you set up an appointment with a dermatologist, you might want to ask the person doing the scheduling if the doc will perform a cortisone injection into a large pimple that is painful or if you have a big event (prom, wedding, etc.) coming up.

OK ... Something must have gone wrong with the e-mail notification system for these forums because I have not been alerted to any responses to this thread until recently on June 2 2007, so I apologize for not being able to respond to tusacutusa. If you haven't found the site already you'll have to do a search since I can't post web addresses . Do a search for "Your Last Acne Solution" or Natural Acne Treatments, then look for (natural-acne-treatments or acneyoda) in the web address. If you find a site that says "Natural Acne Treatments Reviews" at the top written in pink with a bunch of more pink on the page then you have made it to the right place.

well I have a degree in biology and have battled with acne for a long time (accutane 2 courses years ago and everything else under the sun) and right now I'm goin to my dr's to get a cortisone shot. All I can say is this.. shower twice a day... drink water.. take a vitamin. Those are things everyone should be doing. And you know what? I don't give a sh*t what my dermatologist says... go out and get some sun...

Dirty blood may not be the cause so to speak but.. I can tell you that healthy living doesn't hurt one bit... clean living.. now I am gonna finish my cigg and go get my damn cortisone shot tommorrow!! hah... that friggin cyst will be gone in 24 hrs! Just in time for my babe to get here.

I'm starting Accutane & noticed an improvement already ~ yes I have a healthful lifestyle & diet, but my genes cause my skin to produce too much sebum (oil). Accutane pills are working to downsize my oil glands, thereby reducing acne. So sometimes, some people have genetic disorders that can NOT be cured by the simple commonsense suggestions made by "Scooby Doo." In those cases, dermatologists & medications CAN be helpful & worth the money!

Bottom line, who's selling and who's just sharing advice?