I need some advice on advocare. My friend is taking them and she claims they are perfectly safe. I am not so sure with these diet pills.. diet industry is known for some dirty things in the past. Are they really safe. I mean, I would take them, because I see results with my friend…but only if they are at no risk to my health!
Thanks for any information!

I am glad you are so concerned in what you put in your mouth! Hmmm…it’s hard to find any objective information about Advocare on web. Their company site has no information on ingredient in advocare diet pills. I guess they are not so proud of what they put in the pills, so they do not explicitly emphasis the ingredient. I found that they contain garcinia campogia, chitosan, antioxidents, synthetic chromium, 5-HTP, Chinese herbs,... I think they are not cool. Have no experience, so sorry if I am barging in. By my opinion- exercise is the solution and not some (multi- level marketing) advocare pills. I personally think that that perhaps you will loose some weight sitting in front of the TV, eating advocare, and probably you will… but as soon as you stop using these pills you will gain all back and maybe even more.

So ... I got a call from a friend: "You gotta try this, they're great, they're awesome" yada, yada, yada.

We went to his "Vitamin Party" (Exciting, I know!) ... we got testimonial after testimonial until they ALMOST anoyed me. I was slightly surprised I wasn't asked to join, or buy or sign something for $1200 or something ... (It TOTALLY sounded like a pyramid scheme) ...

Sure, We'll buy some vitamins ... I mean, they're VITAMINS! we can all use some extra Riboflavin, right ? We got out with $80 worth of goodness in a box.

I'll make the long story short: They WORKED.

Was I surprised ? HECK YEAH ... =)

We went back two weeks later to another "Vitamin Party" and I realized I had turned into a Vitamin geek MYSELF !

Still learning what's what and all that ... BUT I feel better ... more energized ... less tired. Our skin looks cleaner (not sure if it makes sense). Somehow ... that has translated into being less cranky ... better mood.

Can't quite SWEAR on my life, cross my heart, hope to die ... BUT so far, so good ... will keep doing it until I feel otherwise.

Hope that helps.

Edman

I just started Advocare myself this past Saturday. It is now Thursday and my husband has lost over 6 pounds and I have lost 3. Not bad for less than a week. So far no side effects except tons of energy, better mood, clearer skin... I guess I'll find out eventually

Advocare does list ingredients. When looking at a product click "product page" to see ingredients, caloric information, etc. (This link does seem to be missing on one product i looked at however it is only a flavor variation of a product that does have a product page.)

As to the financial mention above, Advocare is direct sales. It is not a pyramid scheme. Any distributor who works harder than the people that brought them in can pass those people up.

I hope that anyone searching for information about Advocare products has found my post useful. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors.

I have html turned on for this forum but my links didn't work.

Here they are:

Scientific and Medical Board advocare.com/08084514/Products/SciMed/default.aspx

**edited by moderator**

One of my best friends and I started the Advocare weight loss program 10 days ago, and I am doing well (lost 12 pounds so far), but my friend has only lost .5. Does anyone have a day by day Advocare routine that he/she is following that is more specific than my xeroxed sheet with shaded blocks to say what we can eat in general? Maybe someone has created some receipes that follow the routine that will help keep her interested and help her be more successful.

On the other hand, if anyone has had bad results with this company, I would like to know before I spend any more money.

Thanks so much %-)

I have been on Advocare VITAMINS and SUPPLEMENTS (not diet pills) for helping to recover after exercise, and to back up my nutrition in case I missed something in my daily meal plan.

This is my 6th year on products. I am stronger, leaner, faster and get so much more done in the average day, than before.

If people would take the time to research the ADVOCARE products and the science behind them, (WITH AN OBJECTIVE MINDSET) your should find that it the products are based on solid science and ADVOCARE is a HEALTH and NUTRITION company.

Exercise without eating properly or having the proper nutrition will only go so far. Let's face it you can not exercise when your energy is low because you eat a poor quality meal plan and you are so busy taking care of everyone else's needs that sometimes you skimp by on your own.

Of course no vitamin nor supplement will work properly if you do not take it correctly, and THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL. You need to eat decently, rest and recover and you need water.

Now, I am sure when people convey Advocare to others sometimes individuals who are excited about weigh loss may use the word "diet"
However, many people never loose a single pound. Some even gain two or three pounds, BUT they may loose 2 to three dress sizes and really see definition in their body that they have not noticed since high school.

The most important thing I have seen is that they seem to "feel" better. It makes sense. You put good quality nutrition into your body, you change some negative habits for positive habits and "bingo" your body performs and functions much better.

I am sure some people get excited when they see the word diet or because it is a direct sales company and just like a programed ROBOT they sterotype the whole because of "a previous expereince" someone else's experience. This is usually negative and stops OBJECTIVITY.

The proof is in the product and it simply works and makes logical sense.

Just FYI

Adocare products work...or at least they are working for me. I started with a 10-day herbal cleanse and lost 6 pounds!!! I think they work because they are vitamins and minerals not a "diet" or "diet plan". I was sleptical at first until I saw results and changes in my mood and energy level. I now take spark on a daily basis. And I'm ordering catalyst which I hear is like lipo in a pill...I'll let you know if it's true.

I recommend herbal cleanse days 1-10 and then follow with MNS Max 3 kit on days 11-24.

I'm currently in college learning about nutrition. My prfessor who is also a doctor specialized in nutrition says that advocare is bad. He has found that it has artifcial flavorings and other ingredients that become a toxin once they are in your body. Your body will store these toxins while you are on Advocare, but you will not notice a difference. Once you stop using Advocare all of the toxins in your body turn directly into fat cells, so all the weight you got rid of comes back and then some. Plus there is this Energy Drink thats suppose to be good and focus your mind. This drink is helpfull for kids with add and adhd, however those of us who do not have these problems shouldn't take it because then your body will rely strictly on that energy drink and will not produce the natural nerotransmitters that help you focus... so once you quit advocare you will have a hard time focusing. This is what my professor told me. You don't have to take this advice.. but if you want more info on my professor.. he did a system that is really good. check out his website drken.isagenix.com

I listed his site so you can develop an idea about my professor and what he used..im not trying to sell you on another product.. fyi

Dr. Robert Hackman is the Head Research Professor in the Department of Nutrition at U.C Davis. He is on the Scientific and Medical advisory board with Advocare. I highly doubt he would be affiliating himself with this company and formulating their products if it was not safe. Just a thought.

If your professor says all of these things and sells his own products, then he is probably just bashing AdvoCare because he wants to promote his own products. AdvoCare has a medical advisory board with some of the most prestigious scientists not only in America, but the world in their areas. AdvoCare sends their products to a third party testing company called informed choice. They test for 197 banned substances which makes them NCAA, Olympic, NBA, NFL, NAIA, approved, just to name a few, AdvoCare has NONpaid endorsers like Drew Brees, Trent Dilfer, Wes Welker, Jason Whitton, Thomas Jones, Michael W Smith, and many many more pros who endorse AdvoCare for free. The products are safe and work. These people wouldn't put their name on a "pyramid scheme" company either because that would put their names at risk. AdvoCare is a safe, secure way to be healthy and help others get fit while you make money doing so.

I've taken Advocare products for years. I'm 55 years old and take them for energy and good health, not for weight loss. I am very seldom sick, have energy all day long. I'm still amazed at how good I feel and how they have changed my outlook on life. Look at the website. The supporters are amazing.

This is Mel

I want to add my two cents worth to this conversation. I am 5ft 8in tall and have had trouble with weight since I was about 25 or 26 years old. I am 40 now. My weight has been over 220 and often around 240 pounds from the time I began having trouble until about a year and a half ago. I began purchasing and consuming AdvoCare supplements, combined with a healthier diet and exercise and I was able to get my weight under control. I am now 185 pounds and my weight is still dropping while my energy and general wellness are improving.

My experience has been that a combination of all three factors has been the most effective approach to decreasing my bodyfat. In my case, I have dropped bodyfat and added muscle while losing weight. I approach weightloss from a simple and reasonable perspective. If I feed my body good foods in the right amounts, combine that with working off some of the calories through sustainable levels of exercise that are challenging enough to be effective, and filling in the nutritional gaps with supplements to ensure I get enough resources to be able to sustainably lose weight. Essentially I eat right, exercise, and ensure I get proper nutrition.

For people wanting an overnight fix, a get rich quick scheme, or weightloss in a bottle please look elsewhere. But, for people who want to live a better lifestyle, improve their health by decreasing bodyfat, and increase their quality of life through healthy habits AdvoCare has solutions. But remember, just like supplements only supplement and do not take the place of good habits, any business opportunity that is worth it's salt requires enterprise and work. However anybody feels or what they may say, AdvoCare and the solutions they offer have significantly improved my life. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I started using Advocare 6 years ago and was using it for 2 years. I lost 80 pounds while taking Adovcare....I had better skin and felt better overall. After 2 years of use I stopped because I couldn't afford it with my bills and other stuff anymore and the weight did not come back until I got pregnant 3 years later....so I would definitely recommend Advocare.