I have to admit I have fantasized about what an eyelid or breast lift could do for me. However, I have heard the recent deaths of Micheline Charest and Olivia Goldsmith while undergoing plastic surgery have put a damper on such musings. Now, I am wondering is plastic surgery safe. Could you tell me more about this topic because I do not want to undergo something dangerous because of my look? I want to know all plastic surgery risks.

I believe you know any surgery involves risk, and cosmetic surgery comes with specific concerns. In a recent study death occurred in one of every 51,459 cases, which is enough to be concerned. Doctors said that doing your homework beforehand and maintaining good health can reduce the likelihood of plastic-surgery complications. One doctor also said it is buyer beware. The point is that you really need to screen your physician to make sure they are doing the right job for you. However, I will tell you there are some complications, which might occur during plastic surgery. Those are excessive blood loss, bad reactions to anesthesia and blood or fat clots that obstruct a blood vessel, which are potentially resulting in a deadly stroke or embolism. Although those are the biggest concerns of plastic surgery, but these cases are rare. Some people more at risk of plastic surgery complications, such as smokers, overweight people, or people who are taking certain medications such as oral contraceptives or blood thinners.