Good evening, people. I was on my routine check up in my doctor’s office and I was found high cholesterol and high triglyceride in blood. I would like to know what risks are related to such results. I would appreciate if anyone knew to reply me. Thank you for answering. Bye!

Hello. High cholesterol and high triglycerides are main risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. They make atherosclerotic plaques in the inner layers of the blood vessel’s wall. In the beginning they do not obstruct blood flow in significant percentage. On the other hand, in time, this percentage increases. At some point, the amount of blood that reaches a certain organ is not enough for proper function of this organ. Then stroke or heart attack appears. That is why you should prevent this. The best treatment option is physical activity, low fat diet and medications called statins. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!