Hello there! I am 52 years old man and lately I have been experiencing difficulty in urinating and problems with my stool. My stool is solid and there is blood in it once I manage to get it out. What could be the reason to these problems? Thank you in advance!

Hi! Your two problems may be connected but it doesn’t have to mean they are. There are a couple of possible reasons to your condition. Guessing over the internet won’t do you any good. I think it would be best in you went to a clinic and had a digital rectal examination. This examination is done to check for abnormalities of organs or other structures in the pelvis and lower abdomen. A doctor or a nurse/technician will inserts a lubricated, gloved finger of one hand into the rectum and may use the other hand to press on the lower abdomen or pelvic area. This is done to check the prostate gland, help find the cause of symptoms such as rectal bleeding, difficulty in urinating or a change in bowel habits. I think that this examination could help find what the cause to your problems is.

I am a 48 year old man who is having trouble urinating I have blood in my urine and it is very hard for me to pee I am having to strain I'm also having trouble pooping and I have blood every time I can't sit on my bottom I am having so much pain.