Hi my name is ally. For the last year or more I have had alot of blood in my stool off and on. About 14 months ago i had a miscarriage before i even realized i was pregnant. Now i have been bleeding once again alot in my stool, but my period is 14 days late. I have taken four pregnancy test but they all have been negative. I am not sure if bloody stool and missing periods have anything in common, but please let me know if you have any input on anything that could help me understand whats going on with me. Thank you so much!

Hi! Many diseases and conditions can cause rectal bleeding. Common causes include: anal fissures, hemorrhoids, cancers and polyps of the rectum and colon, diverticulosis, abnormal blood vessels, etc. Fortunately, most of the causes of such rectal bleeding are not life-threatening. However, it is not possible to know the cause of rectal bleeding without an examination. Your missed period and the blood in your stools may not be related at all.