I am 34 male and for the past week I am noticing blood and mucus in my stool. I never had problems with digestion… so I said to my self.. If this last few days, ok, but now it is more than a week and I am starting to worry what this might be. Anyone else had this experience?

Hey,
I never had such a problem, but was surfing and guess what I found… I guess you are informed, but blood and mucus in stool are not normal and are sign for a medical problem. I think it is also important whether you feel pain or not… For example blood and mucus could be caused by hemorrhoids, then small splits in the skin called anal fissures, small growths (rectal polyps) on the inner lining of the colon and maybe cancer of the rectum… However, I think you should immediately see your doctor.

Does anyone know what happend to this?

Three years between replies, not a good sign. I'm having the same problem!

Often a symptom of IBS or other digestional issues.

With me, it ended up being diverticulitis (I was 30 at the time, 33 now)..... it ended up perforating on me because they didn't check for it, due to my age....... but as I said, I was 30...... the attack started on my 30th b-day; had bloody stools a couple of times in the past prior to my attack.........

I recently was diagnosed with pinworm and was wondering if that could have been the cause of the mucous? I had lots of it, almost like blowing my nose. I have taken the anti worm meds but still have alot of mucous in my stool. Back to the doctor for me I guess :'(

I had pinworms as well, it was the most horrifying experience, ever! It has taken me 6 months to finally be clear of this parasite. I am now faced with a bloody discharge of unknown origin. My doctor has scheduled a colonoscopy, hopefully It will shed some light.