Hello. I have noticed that is something wrong with the shape of my stool. Few months ago I suffered from a strong diarrhea.
After my symptoms stopped, I’ve noticed I have really narrow stool.
I was wondering what could cause this.
I really eat a lot and I can't understand how that much food can fit into such small amount of waste.
My blood analyses are good and I don’t have any blood in my stool.
Any advice or information you could give me about this would be welcome.

for the last 1 week I have noticed narrow stool and sometimes feel a bit nausea...but never actually threw up. I don't feel anything as in terms of fever or chills or caugh. Please advise and does colonoscopy hurt?

Health Advisor
About colonoscopy: …..you will be given a sedative to relax but you will still be awake. You may feel discomfort while a doctor inserts the colonoscope into your anus and up the colon, but it shouldn’t hurt. You will probably pass wind but that’s expected, so don’t worry about it. This happens because air is passed into the colon to make the inside lining easier to see.

You may report your symptoms to a doctor during colonoscopy.

[hi donni,

could you solve ur problem,

I was having the same problem and now I even have some stomach pain after taking sulfasalzine and even more intolerant to milk products like yoghrt and buttermilk.

please let me know what happened and how it got solved in your case.

Quote:

Please advise and does colonoscopy hurt?

No. The only bad thing about having a colonoscopy is preparing for it.
I had one recently and was given a "happy shot" as the doctor called it. I was totally out of it and don't remember anything about it.

Im about to have my third colonoscopy, and the only part thats bad is the prep. Phospho-soda is horrible but i just put it in a shot glass and chase it with lemonade or sprite n its fine. Drink coffee it makes you not as hungry or smoke cigarettes, which is gross but it does make the hunger go away. After you have your procedure eat some mcdonalds and life is great

Just had a colonoscopy today. I couldn't eat anything except jello, sugar candy, and broths for two days. Laxities too. That was the worst part, the hunger and pooping water. I was a little apprehensive when they hooked the IV up and all, but then I don't remember anything, it seemed like a second had passed and I was in another room and very well rested and a little high. It was great. They found nothing, even though I had all the symptoms of colon cancer. Relax...its nothing.

I have had rectal bleeding for 2 months now and my dr to me it is internal hemorrhoids. I get full all the time and get stomach pains under my navel also narrow stools. I am a 32 year old male. Dr told me to take phillips milk and stool softners. Please help me.

Demand a colonoscopy. I am 59 and had one yesterday. The doctor found a gigantic polyp where my small intestine joins my colon. The procedure is painless. The prep is fun. Cancer is assured from an untreated polyp. My only symptom was a slightly flattened ribbon shaped stool. No bleeding. Do yourself a favor. Go see a doctor ASAP. If you want to live that is.

No every time I had one I was knocked out til the Dr woke me up

How long have you had narrow stools? Do you poop every morning?

How long have you been having narrow stools? What is the result of your colonoscopy? I am 32 male experiencing narrow stools this past few days