Hi, I have blood in my stool! Is it an emergrncy situation? What disease could that be? I need help, because I feel hopeless not knowing anything about rectal bleeding.

Blood in the stool can be in different colors, depending on that where does it come from. It can be bright red, black and tarry, or occult (not visible to the naked eye). Bleeding can be caused by some harmless, annoying conditions of the digestive system like hemorrhoids or ulcer to serious conditions such as cancer. So, you need to perform further examinations to find the source of bleeding. I f you have rectal bleeding bright red blood from the anus is mixed with stool. Most rectal bleeding comes from the colon, rectum, or anus. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the end of digestive system, the blood will tend be more bright red. And if the blood comes from upper parts of digestive system, the stool will be more dark colored, like brown or black.