I am 42 years old; I have a lot a pain on my left abdominal side and always tired. I have some bleeding in my stool but have stopped few months ago. I also have had black spots in stool for some time now. I am very concern because my mother died from colon cancer at the age of 56. My bother had colon cancer at the age of 17, he is still living. I am very worried I don’t have idea what these black spots and blood that I had are signs for.

I would like to say that blood in stool in a young person is usually something benign, maybe inflammation of the colon, or some fissure in the anus. It doesn’t mean that you are having or you are going to have colon cancer. A few months ago I started to have abdominal discomfort and indigestion. I also noticed that there were often black spots mixed into the stool that I pass. I have been to a doctor since this started. I did a stool culture, cbc, and fecal occult blood test. The stool culture and cbc were normal. I fund on the internet possible conditions…but now it seems to me that I am having mixture of all. I have another check in three months.

sounds like campylobacter

I have the exact same thing! The left lower side of my abdomen has been hurting and recently i noticed tiny black spots in my stool. I was diagnosed with celiac disease two years ago, and even after going on a completely gluten free diet i still have stomach issues. This issue just started recently and i am concerned about what is wrong, because this particular problem has never happened to me before.

I too have been having the same issues except i have a lot of mucus in my stool as well. I am going to see a gi doc in 2 weeks but i am really scared of what could be really wrong. Along with the black spots i have red spots i am not sure if it is blood. I am hoping nothing to serious is wrong with me

Hey guest that posted on 4/12/2010 if you read this: I am having the exact problem and was diagnosed with celiac 7 months ago and have been super good with my diet. Did you ever figure out what was causing your problems they sound so similar to mine.

thanks

Hi all...I have had severe left lower abdomen pain for the past 6 months and after seeing MANY doctors and going for all sorts of tests (including ultra sound, colonoscopy and gastrocscopy) everything turned up to be normal - which is beyond frustrating! I read a book called "The Body Knows" by Caroline Sutherland, and in it, she mentions that people with cravings to sugar, wheat, dairy, alcohol....etc most likely have candidas - a yeast overgrowth in their system which causes all sorts of problems, especially intestinal/colon pain. Please google CANDIDAS ALBICANS OVERGROWTH. Why does this go undected? Western doctors have not developed a reliable test for it and most believe that it isn't a real cause - but as you may have experience, most doctors treat SYMPTOMS not causes. Go to a naturopath or the likes and discuss a treatment plan. I'm currently on day 5 of mine and I'm my stomach pain has diminished and I can feel my body healing as it kilss off that nasty yeast. Best of luck to all but please do not rule this out as a possibility - especially for those who are at a dead end with the "traditional" cause. Stay well.

Hi, I'm 20 years old, and I have had a concern about this issue as well. I have never had any real issues with my digestive system, though I have had my appendix removed when I was 6, and probably have a mild case of lactose intolerance. For the last couple of years, I have drank at least a liter of water a day, though I do eat out more than I should. I have a part time job that I have to be up really early for, giving me little time to sleep the few times I have a shift. I usually get constipated when I use the bathroom after work. But about 3 weeks ago, I had a bm when I got home from work that was normal in size, shape, and color, but had a little bit of bright red blood on the side of it. When I wiped after, I saw blood where fecal matter should've been, just a blotch of bright red blood. The second wipe however had (NO) blood at all, not sure why, but maybe that says something, don't know. There was no mucus however. After that, typically for being a person that worries a lot, I thought it could easily be colon cancer. For that following week, I felt perfectly fine, and had no blood in my feces, and still haven't to this point. Then I found a little skin tag, thought it was a hemorrhoid. So I started eating more veggies to get more fiber so I wouldn't have as much pressure by the anus when I had a bm. I was still concerned, so I had a physical, talked about my concerns on this, and had a rectal exam. He said that he felt nothing abnormal, and that I seemed perfectly healthy. He said that he's almost positive that it was just an anal cut that opened while passing the stool, and that they usually don't cause any noticeable pain. That, or it was the skin tag, though that was less likely what bled. About a week later though, I started reading up about it again, and got nervous that it might still be possible that I had colon cancer, or perhaps a parasite. For that following week now, I have had much more frequent stools in lesser quantities, and half the time they have those little black pepper-like dots in it. I have not had any abdominal pain in the sense that I feel injured, but I have had quick little instants in which I feel a very very slight ache in my right and left sides, also around my rectal area, testicles, and stomach. I am assuming these sensitivities are just the result from stressing out about all of this, but I am still worried reguardless, probably won't stop until I have a colonoscopy, lol. I have not had any constant weight loss, though I have ranged from around 178 to 170 in the last week, perhaps just because of eating less food, and more fiber. I don't really know. My last questions would be if this is in everyone else's opinion on here that I'm just worrying myself sick, or if this actually is simular to someone else's story that has cancer. Also, hypothetically assuming this is cancer, would this be a sign of early stages, or later stages?

Also, forgive the previous redundant messages, I thought they didn't even go through.

Guys,its called intestinal parasites. Parasitic infection. Black dots are eggs, and anal itching at night is also a symptom. Pain on lower left is cause of swollen lymph nodes. Do a stool test i promise im right guys. Google it you cam see for your self

I am sure you are right and i am also sure the clueless MDS are as useless as they are for most conditions other than a broken bone. For that bone they are great for anything else they are incompetent. The very fact these losers order tests and can not even tell anyone what is going on is a statement of incompetence on a massive scale.,Sorry to get on my soap box but MDs are the biggest killer of Americans and it just gets me going they can never give anyone a straight answer because they themselves don't have a clue, but be sure to pay for nothing when you leave.

Mucus in stool is usually a wheat allergy.

Yes totally true! How are you doing?

Yes totally true! I'm doing a parasite cleanse and my stool was full of black spots. But how are other people having them if they aren't cleansing? Do they just have so many?

MDs are pretty much useless and good for one thing only, and that's extracting as much money out of you as possible while curing nothing. Nice racket these murdering quacks have.