Hi, I am 57 years old and I am having problems with defecation. Actually, the stool is always changing its shape and I have constipation for a week and then diarrhea for a week too. Doctor is suspicious of the colon rectal cancer and I have to do blood fecal test. Will that help?

Unfortunately, that is a diagnostic procedure used when there is a suspicion of the colon rectal test. And it will discover if there is some microscopic bleeding happening in the intestinal tract. After the results are done, a doctor will know what the situation is like and therefore determine the next course of action. Let’s hope that you are from having a cancer…

FOBT tests can also miss some cancer . I think the universal recommendation and the best thing at your age is a colonoscopsy. Its not painful, the preparation is worse than the examination as you are sedated when examined. So I would do that, now.