Hi, I have a fifteen months old son. Until the last two weeks, I had no problems with him. That is when he suddenly started to refuse eating. I have tried everything but he simply won’t eat. He even refuses his favorite food. I just don’t know what to do. Is this kind of behavior normal for toddlers? What do you suggest me to do?

Hi, don’t worry too much. Children his age start to learn how to be independent and that is why he refuses to be fed. You should try the following. Start serving him six meals a day. The thing they must be served at the same time every day. Let your child decide whether he will eat or not. If he doesn’t start eating within twenty minutes, remove the food from the table. When he complains that he is hungry, serve him healthy food. Don’t let him manipulate you into giving him his favorite fast food snacks. If this doesn’t help you should take him to see a doctor because this can also be a sign of some kind of illness.