I am now at 9 weeks postpartum, I had a littile boy 9 pounds 5 ounces.
I had very little bleeding after i came home from the hospital? and it all stopped at about 4 weeks pp. but i had a couple of really big clots??? So they sent me for an ultra sound and it came back completely clear?Then at 5 weeks I bled during the day started about noon then went on till the evening about 8 pm then stopped untill the next day completly, then started over just like a clock start the same time then stop the same time this went on for 14 days :-(
Went to see my OBGYN at 6 weeks and she said to come back if it has not stopped in 2 more weeks?? Exceot for some brown discharge, which she said was fine. Well it stopped and so i went back for birth control pills. Then about an hour after the appt. (no internal done at the appt just at my 6 weeks) I started to spot again brown stuff and then pink and then clear and now nothing a little bit each day and one day off then one day some comes when i wipe then the next day I have it on my pad its brown and sometimes it has a few specs of blood?? Can someone tell me if they have had this experince? Sure would make me feel better?

I had the same thing for 8 weeks and was SO worried wondering if there was something wrong with me or if my period was coming back already. But it's okay. I found a health website that says normally postpartum bleeding can be 4-6 weeks BUT it can come and go for as long as 2 months. I wouldn't be worried about it unless you are getting huge clots or bleeding very heavily. And you're not alone. I hope it ends soon for both of us!!

i had the same thing after pp bleeding stopped its been going on for a day and a half

I have the same thing happening to me! I'm really worried about it. I had an emergancy c-section on 1/3 (25 wks pregnant) and am about 9 weeks post partum. My bleeding stopped after 3 weeks, then started again a week and a half later. It was heavy like a period and at my 6 week appointment, it was still going on. My doc said it is possible it was is my period. I started on BCP that day and am about to start the reminder pill today. So, 3 weeks on the pill so far. Doc said if I was still bleeding heavy like that 5 days later to come in for a D&C. The bleeding tapered off like a normal period does (I had no cramping while on that "period"). Everytime I had either ehem, a little rough sex with DH OR do abdominal exercises, I get spotting like this, only when I wipe. It's making me mad and freaking me out a little too. DH and I had unprotected sex at 4 weeks post partum (doc gave the ok). I know spotting can be normal while on the pill too so i don't know if this warrants a call to my doc or not. I HATE calling him regarding this and other post partum complications because it just makes things worse. Rachel died and everything related to her birth that goes wrong makes it worse. PLEASE tell me that spotting is normal!

I am trully sorry for you losing Rachel. I had a TERRIBLE pregnancy and really am sorry..please take your time to recover..PLEASE! I am 9 weeks PP and am still bleeding. Not a lot, but wearing thin pads and almost always see blood when i wipe. I had anti-biotics for a week.. My swab can back clear...and now doc is sending me for ultra-sound this Friday. I has a forceps delivery and doc seemed to think this can make it worse. My tail-bone (Coccyx) was alos injured in labour, so painful sittiing..it's been a really rough road for me and I have cried and depressed much over the pain..you take care. I can let you know what the ultra-sound shows..and when/if this bleeding stops..Go see your doc..and insist on ultrasound..they may only do that after you have had anti-biotics

Please what did the doc said after the ultrasound. I have same issue. I gave birth January 4th though c-section and up till now I still see spots of blood when I wipe not all the time anyway.

i am 7 weeks pp and im still bleeding/spotting, i already went in for my pp check up at 6 weeks and doc said everything was good. im soposed to wait till i get my actual period to start my birth control pills. can i start taking them now... wont it make the bleeding stop or do i truly have to wait. this bleeding seems endless its annoying. any suggestions ?

i had my daughter 11-1-2011 and tht i bleed for the 2 and a half weeks after i had her then the bleeding went to minimum one day it would be brown and the next day i went to bathroom it was like i was starting my period..again all the drs were saying tht it was ok..but it is embarrasssing that everyday i have to wear a pad almost 3 months after i had my daughter..and that noone has anwsers ..can anyone help me

not only tht i cant anwser when my mentraul cycle ends or starts or anythingn..it is frustrating

I am now 11 weeks postpartum and I have been bleeding nonstop ever since I had him, heavy at first and now spotting...
i was also diagnosed with anemia 2 weeks ago, is this normal?

I am sorry that you lost your sweet baby girl. I too lost mine. She was born at 26 weeks by emergency c-section. She had heart problems and fluid on her abdomen. My body went into preeclampsia and so they had to take her.. I rest assure knowing my baby girl Winter is in Heaven with all the other angel babies. I miss her so much. I know the pain will never go away. I truly feel for you.