Is anyone here who has experience with posterior fusion? I would like to know what I can expect after from someone who been through the procedure. It will mean a lot to me. Thank you in advance. I am scheduled for august 26, 2006.

I have posterior fusion experience and there are two significant things to know. 1. scar tissue can form around the nerves and cause pain therefore make sure your doctor or therapist gives you exercises to help prevent scar tissue formation. 2. The fused area no longer moves, so the rest of your spine must pick up the slack. Due to this, other discs may become damaged resulting in additional surgeries years later. I knew there would be activities that would need to be restricted and there were many things I had to learn such as the best way to bend and twist, and not to be stubborn about asking for help to move or lift things.

Hi to everyone, at this point of time im waiting for my surgery of my cervical spine due to car accident. I was advised that there will be bone grafting wherein the doctor will get bone from the pelvic or hip..Has anybody experiece this kind of surgery for the cervical fusion ? Im worried because i read from the book that his may cause permanent pain in the hip?

Hoping that il get reply from anyone who had expeience this. Thank you