my husband will have to undergo lumbar spine surgery. We would like to know possible side/effects of lumbar spine surgery.
We are very grateful for any information!

Hey,
There are always risks connected to anesthesia, such as reaction to medication or problems with breathing. Lumbar spine surgery has some characteristic risk, such as nerve damage, which can lead to paralysis, blood clots (your husband will be forced to walk few days after surgery to prevent blood clutches), muscle weakness and in some cases loss of bowel or bladder control. And there are again risks connected to every surgery, such as bleeding and infection.
I hope everything will work out fine for your husband and you!

I am considering having spinal laser surgery after having had a failed back surgery 3 years ago. Supposedly it failed because I had a build-up of scar tissue. I am told it can remove scar tissue. Can anyone tell me about your experience? Pros and cons. Anything that will help me make an informed decision will help
Sue

Yes, if your MRI is clean, and it has fused properly, then scar tissue is usually the problem. They can go back in and try to cut off the tissue...However, it will just regrow again. It doesnt' really matter if it is laser or elecrto, it still makes scar tissue. Everytime anyone cuts the body, the body heals making scar tissue. It can't be avoided. Some people make much more scar tissue than others (keloids).

I have the same problem. I have had 2 lumbar and one cervical fusion.