Can anyone tell me about pph for hemroids? Is it really less painful than traditional method? What is the pain scale on a 1-10 especially compared to the other methods. How long is recovery time, also in comparison to the other methods.

Yes, it is really less painful, less recovery time, etc. I had the PPH in Feb of this year, just had the traditional on 11/10. With the PPH, I was back to work in 4 days - a little sore, but was able to do my desk job.

8 days after the traditional, I'm still very sore, bowel movements are excruciating, forget riding in the car, can only sit for maybe 2 hours a day total, doc wants to give percocet, I get no relief from them. There's no possible way I can even think of returning to work right now. My next appt is 12/1, so I'm off work until at least then, and possibly longer. Doc told me to expect to be off 2-4 weeks, possibly 6. I had two small internal hems and two medium external hems.

Pain scale - PPH immediately after sx - 9 (recovery room). At release time (2 hours later) about a 2. First day with meds about a 4 - second day with meds, about the same, etc etc. First bowel movement while on meds, about a 6 (milk of magnesia is your best friend after this surgery to prevent pulling the staples). Docs also give percocet after this surgery, which did give me relief.

Pain scale - traditional - immediately after sx @ 7 in the recovery room. At release time, about a 2. First and second day with percocet, about a 4. Third day with perc AFTER first bowel movement a 10. No relief from percocet, bowel movements were excruciating no matter if liquid, soft or firm. Again, 8 days post op, and I'm still at a 8 nor 9 on the pain scale. I don't know why, but Vicodin 10/500 broke the pain, but played hell with doc trying to get anything OTHER than percocet 5/325. Doc's associate broke down and prescribed Lortab 7.5 which is helping to take the edge off the pain so I can somewhat function, nupercainal for topical pain relief (Thank god!), stool softeners, and no milk of magnesia.

If your doctor wants to try the PPH first, I would say to give it a shot. It's worth the week of discomfort to try the more conservative approach first. I wish mine would have worked.

Im scheduled to get PPH soon. Would like to know what would be a good diet to use right after procedure.