Hey everyone,

I need some advice on early pregnancy symptoms..i came off my period on the 9th of this month, i was on for 10 days. Then a few days afterwards i had just one sore nipple %-) this was new to me as id already had a period and i rarely get sore nipples anyway, but this was very sore..Then a few days later my other nipple done the same ( sorry for the detail lol! ) I just thought this was an ovulation symptom and paid it as little attention possible. As i ovulated/was fetile for 5/6 days. After this i started getting the odd few cramps. One day i had them mild for the best part of the day. On the 20th i had sharp shooting pains "down there" which were VERY painfull! my partner had to carry me out of the bath! but they didnt last too long. Now the cramps are different its like a period pain..just annoyingly constant, and i barely get period pains when im due on now thats the thing..that seemed to calm down years ago when i left school! so im unsure why i have them now? and im not due on for another week %-) today my "period type pain" has lasted most of the day accompanied by nausea which i have had on and off since yesterday..Also my nipples have got darker.

I took a test today but it came back negative..is it too early to test or are these just period symptoms?

thanks xx

Hi honey! The thing is this, you have a frew things going on! 1. It COULD be signs of early pregnancy 2. It is signs of your period coming on 3. Since your last period was SO long - way longer than usual - this could be a sign of PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) which can give you the exact same symptoms of pregnnacy!

When did you hav unprotected sex!?

Thanks for the reply :-)

Well my periods didnt used to be this long thats the thing! they used to be very heavy but only last about 3/4 days.. I have been on the pill for a few years and it took months for me to get back to normal after comming off it a good while ago. I had to take agnus castus and evening primrose oil to help bring them back as i didnt feel normal anymore!
since taking that ive had two normal periods..i am expecting my 3rd this week. But my symptoms have been hectic this month for some reason?! Me and my fiance have sex reguarly, as we are trying for a baby so it would be hard to tell if/when i got pregnant thats the thing.

xx

Hi honey! Even though I'm known as the "Queen of Pregnancy" on here - ;-) XD I'm at a loss too!!!! Heavy menstruation can be from several factors - hormonal imbalance, cysts, hereditary etc. So I'm a bit on the fence here - It sounds like both - sorry to say! They are SO similar in symptoms thus this face for thousands of women every month o.O - so unfortunately the old standard "only time will tell" will have to stand for now! You will need to take a pregnangy test as close to your expected period as possible and fingers crossed you are late! and it doesn't come! So please le tme know how you make out OK? Good luck and health! Also start taking prenatal vitamins because if you are pregnant these help with the babies developmeent, and if you aren't they have proven to be VERY benefitial to improving your fertility! Good luck!

:-)

I have been taking pregnacare conception for a while now so ill see how it goes and ill be in touch to let you know what happens! Thanks for all your help hun

xx

Well Good News!

I WAS pregnant im 5 weeks tomorrow!

YIPEE!!!!! Fantastic news honey! Periods and pregnancies are SO weird sometimes, it is VERY hard to sort out! BUT that said, glad your wonky one worked!!!!! ;-) ;-) XD XD XD Good luck honey and keep taking your vitamins! RU feeling nauseous!?

Thanks :-) and yeah when i think about it, ive been feeling sick on and of for a while now. Its been worse the past two days though.

Eat small and often! The best thing to do is always have a cracker with you - and if you feel nauseous int he morning eat it before rising! And also hard candy - it's ALL about hormones and blood sugars! You WILL feel worse if you don't keep your blood sugars up!