My husband an I are trying to conceive. We had sex 4 days ago. I woke up this morning and my underwear was as bloody. It was pinkish and light, but not spotting, I was soaked. When I get my period it is always deep red and thick. My period is not due for another 8 days. What could this mean?

***I have been awake now for 3 hours, and I have a tampon in. I'm still bleeding. But like I said, early and pink.

Hi honey! Implantation bleeding is usually brownish and VERY light! So even though the timing would be about right, the amount of blood isn't typical! IF it goes away by tommorrow, then PERHAPS it is this! Is 4 days ago the only time you have had unprotected sex?

No, it's not. We do not use condoms. However, we recently decided to have another baby.

Hi hon! Just wait and see if it stops and goes away! Every pregnancy and Every woman is different, so you just need to know that your previous experience can be TOTALLY different to what this is! Let me know how you are tommorrow OK?

Wih my first daughter, I was sixteen (and yes, I am married to her father now!!!!!). I had what looked like a normal period for the first three months. I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was almost 4 moths! So do you think that maybe this could be almost the same thing??????

IT could be!! What you experienced wasn't a period, most women think it is but technically it can't be! So what it is actually called is Vaginal Bleeding! It takes place around the same time as your period, and it is from increase in hormones, that sheds some more of the lining of your uterus! It's just hormonal! So what I was going to suggest is that IF you are indeed pregnant, and it is all confirmed and once in awhile you have this bleeding then it is more than likely Vaginal Bleeding! BUT the problem is determining exactly if it is that! I have just counselled a young girl that had the bad part of this - you know what I mean! And I kept hoping that it was just hormonal bleeding but unfortunatley it wasn't! So that is why I was asking to find out how you are tommorrow - just to see! Also when you are first pregnant you can bleed from the increased hormones with your pregnancy! So bascially I DON'T know if you are or aren't pregnant! So lets wait and see! Fingers crossed, and I can't remember if I told you or not, but take prenatal vitamins, If you are pregnant they help with the development of the baby, and IF you aren't they help with your fertility! Good luck honey!

Hi. My husband and I are trying to have children. Ive never have been pregnant before. I know you are supposed to know when to start trying..ect. But we didnt. We both wanted to do it rendomly and only do it once and see if anything happends. Well maybe 3-4 days after trying I was making dinner and felt a strange flutter in my lower stomach. As if I had started my period even though it was 3 weeks too soon for that. I went to the bathroom and had a very light pink discharge and only a small amount. My period is next week and I would like to know if it was just a weird thing or if that is implantation bleeding. I also want to know if spotting is becuase of pregnacy or normal between period although I've never had that happen before.

Also Im not sure if this helps but I have had very tender breasts lately, sleepy all day long, hungier than usual but no MAJOR eating changes, SEVERE cramping as if I ate something wrong or about to start, tingly feeling in my legs, chills, and actally queezy for no reason.
My husband thinks I may just be getting my hopes up. I took a test 2 days ago and it said no but its still a week too soon. (I was very excited on the results :-P ) All of this has been happeneing maybe a day or so after the dinner incedent and though today. Could anyone tell me if you think I am or not. Thank you

Hi Melissa: I can't tell you yes or no! And your husband is right about "getting hopes up" this can TOTALLY affect how you feel! That said, it does sound like pregnancy symptoms!!! XD You will have to wait till your period is due and HOPEFULLY late!! As I have said to others, start taking prenatal vitamins, this helps with the development of the baby! And IF you aren't they help with fertility! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you honey! and please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck!

Bambi:

Ok, so I'm still bleeding. My periods usually last about 4 days. And they are always heavy, right up until day 4! The bleeding is letting up, and I started yesterday morning. I'm still having cramps, which I usually only have up until I start my period. I don't want to get my hopes up, and some of this may be in my head, but it sure is abnormal.

Hi honey! This sounds like an early period! Keeping in mind that women can have wonky periods from time to time! And also it can start with a spike in hormones! I can't say for sure, as sometimes it's just normal vaginal bleeding and other times means there isn't a pregnancy! Dependin on how long this lasts, and when your period is due, I think the best thing to do is just wait till your due and then take a test! This way you WILL know! It is SO hard to determine when a woman is pregnant or not, as each experience is TOTALLY different! So I will keep my fingers crossed for you honey! And either way I wish you luck! Don't get dispondent IF you aren't OK? It WILL happen! As long as you haven't been told there is a problem! Let me know OK?

Ok, so this started Tuesday morning, it's Friday morning, my period ended last night. Lasted only two days. Was spotty for the most part. I have been sick to my stomach since last night, could be the flu, or could be in my head. My husband however is remaining optimistic. He keeps reminding me that this is how it went when we had our first child. This would make it about 7 days since we had sex, well, 6 & 7 (lol!!!) I will for sure take a pregnancy test, and since my period was due in 4 more days, and First Response says you can take there tests 5 days before your missed period, do you think it would be too early?
Also, if it was just a funky period, and I am not pregnant, when would be the best time to start trying? It's easy to track my period, but when I ovuklate, not so much. I have rerad some articles that say that a woman ovulates about 7 days after her period. So would it be best to start trying in about 3 days, since the sperm lives for 72 hours.

Hi hone' dont take a test tll your regular period is late OK? It will just upset you IF it is too early!

Also it is true about ovulation but there is a lot of room with this! I say, why miss out on an opportunity? If you just make love on 1 day what about the day before or after!? What happens if THOSE were the days that you ovulated! So I say, dont make it a job and a meeting and just be!!!

Start taking prenatal vitamins - just in case - and IF you aren't pregnant this helps with your fertility! Good luck and health!

Hey Bambi...just trying to keep you updated. We are still trying. Ok, so the first night we started trying was Dec. 4, now, on Dec. 8 I got my period. It lasted 2 1/2 to 3 days. We have sex every other day, since Dec. 11, today is the 19th, we finished having sex, and I a little blood came out. It was pink. Are we getting anywhere in your opinion. Since I have already had a full period this month, I know it's not my period, and it's been a little over a week since I came off of my period. What do you think??

Ok! 2 things that this can be - 1. Ovulation 2. IMPLANTATION Bleeding!!!!!!!! XD Keep in mind that if you wait about 21 days after the first day of trying this will provide a more clearer picture! Your HCG levels have to be high enough for either a blood or urine test to detect! Keep on having sex, DONT STOP!!!! ;-) XD Your husband can send me some flower for saying that!!!!! XD XD XD ;-) But really I'm serious, my husband and I made love EVERYday, because I wanted to have both children in June!!! Don't ask me why! But anyways that's what happened - believe it or not they were actually both due on the same day June 21st!!!!!! Are you taking your prenatal vitamins?

Not yet. But I guess I better start asap. Yeah, it wasn't really blood, it was a pink discharge within minutes after having sex. Either way, if it was caused by ovulation, and we've had sex every other day, this could be a good thing, right? I'm hoping it's choice #2!!! Friday night we were bowling, and I started getting lower abdominal cramps, so I had to stop. Oh, and trust me, he'll love you for saying that!!!! Like I said, I'll keep you updated!! Thank you for all of your help!!!!