I am 24 and my boyfriend and I have been trying to have a baby for awhile now, I have all the symptoms of being pregnant and I was spotting for 2 days prior to my period which was 3 days late that I got 3 days ago and now my period is going away now but usually last 7 to 8 days, so having my period for only 3 to 4 days is not common for me. I took a pregnancy test a week ago which came back positive and then when I started spotting I took another test which came back negative but I have all the symptoms like I said of being pregnant and I had these signs before when I was pregnant, also I feel my stomach moving like gas but something else every once in awhile and other signs too. Could I be pregnant? I need answers to my question, thanks!

Hi Ambie! I would like you to go and get checked out by a doctor, I think you might have miscarried! And I want to just make sure this is the case, and NOT an etopic pregnancy! An etopic pregnancy can cause bleeding and when left can be life threatening. So please make an appointment, tell them about the positive then the negative! Also sometimes IF you take a pregnancy test too early, sometimes it can be a false positive! So either way you need to get this all checked out! Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey!

I still have all the feelings of being pregnant and I only spotted for 3 or 4 days and it was not my regular period which I never miss and I should of started on the 18 of this month. I started to get morning sickness more and more everyday, and I have every other symptom out there for pregnancy. I keep feeling movement in my stomach but its not a gas feeling. I just want to know if I could be pregnant bc I am hoping that I am. Everyone is asking me am I pregnant bc they say that I look different then before. Thanks

Hi Ambie! IF it was just light bleeding and not a regular period, this could be "Vaginal Bleeding" Which is quite common with women at the beginning of a pregnancy! It is not a period, because that is impossible as a period goes! It ALL depends on what the bleeding was like! So I would like you to actually go and get a blood test for pregnancy from your doctor and this will be definative! This way it will be acurate and give you an answer! Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey! And take prenatal vitamins just incase, also IF you aren't pregnant this will help with fertility!

Hey Bambi27, thanks for your opinion on my health, I went to the doctors today to find out if I was pregnant or not and the did all different tests and they all came back negative, I am very sad that they did, but I am going to keep trying, thanks for the tip on prenatal vitamins, I will try that. Thanks again for your concern!

You're welcome honey! And just know it WILL happen, I always say that it takes ALL the planets to be lined up! IF you think about the odds of having 1 sperm out of a million make it to the egg in time, they need ALL the help they can get! Thus the tip about prenatal vitami ns, it is a great idea to have increased folic acid in your system - BEFORE being pregnant, as this has been shown to help with the development of the spine and brain! BUT studies show that the increase in Folic Acid ACTUALLY increases your fertility substantially! Also if you "help" the sperm meet it's destination - via raising your buttocks with a pillow, after! and laying like that as long as possible! This will enable the sperm to stay in the vagina and get through the cervical lining! Some doctors will say to only try around ovulation, but I think the opposite, I believe that it takes a LOT of insight into knowing EXACTLY when you ovulate, and most women can ovulate at different times, so why not try as much as possible, this way you don't miss a golden opportunity!!!? That's what I did with both of my boys! So good luck and health honey! And fingers crossed for you in the future, I'm glad to help!

Hi bambi27 or anyone else, I just wanted to say that after going to the doctors and getting tested for pregnancy and them saying negative I still have all the symptoms of being pregnant, I have been taking prenatal vitamins for about a week now and I still have signs, also I am now 3 weeks late on my period, the last time I had my period was on Oct 18 and did not get on in November at all. My friends keep telling me about when they were pregnant the doctor had to do a vaginal ultrasound to even tell that they was pregnant, could I be like them also, should I go back to the doctors and ask for a vaginal ultrasound to see if I am or what is going on with me? Thanks all that answer!

To the original poster... it is highly, highly unlikely you had a false positive. Home pregnancy tests do not show positives unless there is some level of hcg in your urine. There will never be hcg in your urine without a baby on the way UNLESS you are experiencing a chemical pregnancy or you're on medication that contains hcg and you would know about this. What you're describing does sound like a chemical pregnancy to me but the other posters are right in saying there's a concern of miscarriage. However with the light bleeding and absence of pain I'm inclined to say you probably didn't miscarry either. What is most likely, if this is not a chemical pregnancy, is that you have gotten a FALSE POSITIVE on the second test you took. Those are very common and easy to get. So I would proceed with the mentality that you are pregnant to be on the safe side, meaning no keg parties, and call your doctor ASAP to get checked out.

ambie24- I'm also trying to get pregnant and I'm feeling just the way you are. My period is over a week late and the doctor's blood test came back negative but I'm late and still having symptoms. I'm going to get a second opinion today. One thing to remember is that progesterone can cause any pregnancy symptom you can think of and every healthy woman experiences progesterone surges after ovulation. It's also possible you failed to ovulate this month, something that is termed an anovulation cycle. Without ovulation and an egg then the process of your cycle will be interrupted and the signal to shed the uterine lining is missed therefore you will not experience a menstruation but you would likely still feel the effects of progesterone. It's also possible that the tests just aren't detecting your hcg. The easiest thing you can do is call and ask your doctor for a blood test but when you do make sure you specify that you want a quantitative test and not a qualitative test. No matter what the doctor tells you... a qualitative test is not much better than a home urine test and can give false results whereas a quantitative is almost %100 accurate. Good luck to you.

Hi Ambie and Desoloamo! You both have to remember that either a urine test or blood test results ALL depend on WHEN and IF you conceived! False Positives happen - just like you mentioned about chemicals in medicine - but also waiting too long to look at the test! The longer you wait there can be an evaporation sign = which looks like a positive! so keep that in mind too!

More and more women are experiencing Ovarian Cysts! Ovarian Cysts OR PCOS Can cause the EXACT same symtpoms of pregnancy! So when your period is SO late and still no positives, then it is more than likely Cysts! IF you both have another blood test and they both show negative, then I would like you both to ask for a pelvic ultrasound - to rule this in or out!

Before I became a counsellor/supporter on here, I would have sworn that these tests were dead on! But since there has been several women who have had several negative tests = but yet "felt" pregnant, and low and behold after another blood test was taken, they were infact pregnant! So I wish you BOTH good luck and fertility! And IF you are still late, please get an ultrasound! OK?

Let me know how you both make out OK? Good luck and health to your both!

Hey bambi thanks for your concern, I am going to go back to the doctors in a few days or less if I still feel the way that I am feeling. I am going to see if they can give me another blood test or maybe even a vaginal ultrasound to see what is going on with me. I just want to know already for sure if I am pregnant and if it is to early to tell I hope. Thanks again and will let you know what I am told!