me and my boyfriend decided to have a baby, and im currently on the depo shot, and i have been since april 18th, and my next shot is supposed to be before july 11th this year. me and my mom decided not to go on it because of the side effects, which makes me think im pregnant. i am having all the symptoms, but these could be the side effects of the birth control. i was wondering if there were ANY chance i could be. can anyone put something out there for me? and also, i took a urine test and it was negative, i was also wondering if depo can affect the result of a home pregnancy test. but i got a blood test and it was +, and my doctor said that it was impossible...

The only way I see you could have gotten pregnant is if you had unprotected sex during first 24 hours after the first shot - that was the time when you weren't protected. But, if you gotten pregnant than, which would be in April, by now even the urine test would be positive. Which symptoms are you experiencing exactly? Dd you have any spotting/ bleeding in the meantime?

nikkirulez02 wrote:

you could be pregnant, I have known people who got pregnant while on the shot.. but the shot is effective right after injection. You don't have to wait any certain amount of time be