Hi. I have been getting a depo shot for about 11 months now. My last shot I totally spaced out. I was suppost to get it buy march 23 or somewhere around there. I didn't get it until april 12. I did a pregnancy test before I got my shot and it was negative. So I got my shot. Now I am scared that I may still have gotten pregnant. I have been feeling really ill and nausous. I haven't pucked though. I also feel really full or something. My pants feel uncomfortable and my stomache is upset. I am scared, but I want to know if I should get a test done to calm me or if it is even possible.

You should most certainly get a test, because if you did have sex after your shot ran out, and before you got your other one, you are at risk.

Take an early pregnancy test like first response.

ALSO DEPO can cause bloating and stomach upset after the shot for a few weeks, so it could be side effects.

Regardless of what happens though we are here for you, and you do have options as far as unwanted pregnancies.

Take the test, but I don't think it is too likely - with Depo it can take a couple of months for fertility to return and you were only a week late in getting it. However, any sex while you are not covered by birth control can cause pregnancy, so to take the test to set your mind at ease

so what if i had sex before getting on the depo and think that i might be pregnant? i am having some pregnancy symptoms and missed my period. This is the first time i have used this shot. Do you guys think i could be pregnant??