I had unprotected sex several weeks ago and took the morning after pill within 24 hours, i then had a normal period 2 weeks later. My next period is now due in week but for the last 4 days I have been feeling very nausous and actually burped up sick on 3 mornings in a row. I have light stomach cramps too.

My main concern is my breasts. I already have 2 children (both planned from my past marriage) and the first sign of pregnancy with both of them was my breasts became swollen and VERY veiny. My breasts look like this today and I dont usually notice that when I am due a period. I am now very worried I could be pregnant.

As I have already had a period since taking the morning after pill is there any chance I could still be pregnant?

I know you are not going to get any relief from my post but....weirder things have happened. Theoretically, you shouldn't be pregnant since you both took the morning pill after and had your period but in practice many women had periods and still got pregnant.

The only way to know for sure is to get tested if your period doesn't arrive on time.

hi thanks for replying, you answered exactly what i had been thinking - its highly but stranger things have happened which is what worries me. I will take a test in a coupe of days if i dont get my period. Today my breasts are really swollen and I am really worried. I know the morning pill can affect the period you have after taking it, but does anybody know if it then affects future subsequent periods? as this will be my second period (hopefully) after taking it i wondered if the symptons could be caused by the hormones from the pill.