I'm Shelby, 22, we had our first time of unprotected sex with my fiancee on March 12, the day before my expected period would come and I'm already 8 days delayed and it is very unusual to me because I have a regular menstruation. I had my last period on February 13 so I expected to have my next period on March 13 but it didn't come until now. That was the first and the last time we had sex which was unprotected because we usually do it with male condoms. I'm already panic of my situation although i don't experienced pregnancy symptoms but I still missed my period...I really need serious information about this. Could I possibly be pregnant by this time?

Hi Shelby,

You are at your lowest fertility just before your period.  The egg would not be viable and ovulation is far enough off that any sperm would die beforehand.

It's unlikely you are pregnant.

It's also too early to test for pregnancy from March 12.  It takes at least 2, preferably 3 weeks before the level of hCG, the hormone the test looks for, to rise high enough to detect.

Again, it's unlikely you are pregnant, at least from the March 12 time of having sex.  We can't rule out earlier.

Hope it helps.

i'm not 100% sure but i think you're not pregnant. You said, you have regular menstruation. Based in calendar method, those days before your menstruation days are infertile. So that means, there's low possibility that you are pregnant.

Don't panic. The more you feel stress about that issue. the more than your menstruation delayed :))

thank you so much for this great info. Now, i can be calm down. I feel so much relief with your post but I'm still wondering why my period is so delayed when I didn't experienced this before.

do u use any medican for that matter?