I'm 21 years old, and I have in the past experienced a little bit of irregularity in my periods. This usually comes in the form of my period being about 7-10 days late every now and then. So 2 days ago I noticed some spotting. It was some red, but mostly brown blood. It lasted only about a day and a half and was very light. I still had about 9 or 10 days before my period was expected, and looking at an ovulation calendar, it occurred about a week after ovulation would have normally occurred. I am not on birth control, and my boyfriend and I sometimes use condoms and sometimes just the "pull out" method (not very safe, i know). I have never experienced anything like this before. I know that spotting can be a sign of early pregnancy, but i'm not really sure of any other likely causes. I highly doubt it could be any kind of vaginal infection or STD because I've been with the same person for a year and a half. I have been obsessing about the possibility of being pregnant for the last 2 days! Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

implantation spotting usually happens about 2 or 3 days before a missed period. but it usually doesn't happen only a week after ovulation. but you could have ovulated earlier than expected. i would just wait to see if you get a period. and since yours are so irregular, i would wait about a week after your expected period, and if you still don't start, take a pregnancy test.