Ok, I need ANSWERS! I have been having unprotected sex during my fertile time , my last period was April 24 , I'm not due until May 22 . Yesterday I had two light pink spots when I wiped. Nothing after that . Today there was brown discharge. Could it be Implantation bleeding? Has anyone ever had early spotting 12-13 days before expected period and ended up being pregnant . ?

Hi YouKnow,

It may be ovulation bleeding.  The timing fits better than that for implantation bleeding.

It would have been day 15 or so you saw it and you'd normally ovulate between days 11 and 16.

Implantation bleeding normally occurs about a week before your period is due so you have another 5 or so days.  If you are going to get pregnant this would the time be after ovulation while the egg is being fertilized and traveling down to the uterus to implant.

Hope it helps.

From what you have said you would likely have ovulated 8th May. That means that the fertilised egg would not be likely to arrive in your womb until 14th May, so implantation is very unlikely to have occurred yet. There is still plenty of time for that to occur.

Thanks ! I was just unsure. So have have I missed the window to concieve if I'm already spotting , if the spotting is due to ovulation

When did you have sex? Sperm can survive up to about 5 days.

If you have ovulated, then the opportunity for an egg to be fertilised has passed for this month. However, an egg may have been fertilised already and so a fertilised egg is making its way to your womb. When it gets there, it has to implant into the lining of your womb for you to actually be pregnant (as Dan indicated). Also, as sperm live for 5-6 days in a woman's body, if ovulation were delayed a couple of days, it would still fertilise an egg when it is released. You can only wait and see.

We had sex before 3 months ago. she took ecp the day after we had sex though i didn't penetrate or ejaculate. She got her period after 10 days. after that she missed her two periods. She took a pregnancy test, it was negative. She again tested after 10 days. It was negative too. It's almost 2 and half months she is not having her period. is she pregnant? um really confused! help plz :(

I've only had sex this month of may on the 1st and the 4th..

It may be possible for you to get pregnant from having sex on the 4th. The sperm would have already been there before the egg was released. The 1st would probably be too early.

The ECP can make her periods early or late. She might even miss one but to miss more than that she should see her doctor to find out why she isn't having her period. It's unlikely she is pregnant given what you say happened - BUT, she NEEDS to see her doctor.

what are the possibilities? :( i will take her to the doctor. but, how accurate is home pregnancy test?

Chances that she is pregnant are likely very low. I don't think she is pregnant but she needs to see the doctor to find out WHY she isn't having her period. It can indicate a hormonal problem. Home pregnancy tests are only reasonably accurate when they read positive. False negatives are VERY common. A false positive is VERY rare. They don't work with all women.

Thanks. One last ques, i didn't cum and she took ecp within 30 hours. she got her period after that missed the next two. does that mean we are safe from pregnancy?

Her chances are LOW but they do exist. Was her period "normal?" If not, there is a chance as there can be bleeding early in a pregnancy. With ANY sexual contact there is always a risk. She needs to find out why she isn't having her period - no way around that.

thanks for helping