Hi, folks. My husband has been diagnosed with gout. I know that he suffers a lot of pain and I really don’t know what to do. He should take his medications, but he is more into alternative medicine. I was wondering if it is possible to dissolve gouty tophi naturally. Does anyone know this?

Hi, there. I am not sure that there are natural ways of dissolving gouty tophi. I am not sure why your husband doesn’t want to take medications. Will he rather suffer from pain instead? What is he thinking about? I really don’t know what to think. He should talk to his doctor. He will see that allopurinol will help together with NSAIDs. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

If Your husband want to stick with natural ways, to melt gouty tophi and stop gout attacks, I would do the following with serious determination :

1-Keeping strickly gout deit ( no red meat, organs, nuts, etc. ) and maintaining normal weight

2-Doing good exercise ( 3 hrs a day )

3-Drinking 6-10 glasses of alkaline ionized water a day.

After a weak check uric acid, if it was above 7 ( he burns calories so UA may rise ) he can take allopurinol (100-300 mg daily ( with doc advise ))

After he reached his normal weight he can stop taking medicine but the new life style stays on it's path.

I was getting gout attacks every month from elbows to big toe to heal and foot arch and knees,I have been gout free for almost 3 years naturally, I only take celery seed extract . the tophi is another story doctors have such narrow minds it is one of two drugs period, and they still leave milder gout attack's,

I can understand why he doesn't want to take them. Most gout medications have horrible side effects. I took allopurinol and it made my stomach burn. Some people just don't like loading their bodies up with medications that have harmful side effects. Mayve you need to do a little more research before you question someone's motives on not wanting to take conventional medication

I dramatically lowered my Uric acid levels by avoiding all high fructose corn syrup drinks and syrups I don't take anymore meds I lost 30 pounds and my tophi are disappearing I discovered this 2 years ago I have never been healthier.

I agree with this completely. I became absurdly sick from the gout meds and decided to naturally fight it and keep it off by changing diet, adding Tart Cherry Juice, Celery Seed and Turmeric to my daily lifestyle, along with exercise.

Hi Louie, thanks for sharing your experience! Could you please reply to my questions:
1. Do you eat red meat etc. ?
2. What did you do to lose 30 pounds and how long it took?

Where do you buy tart cherry juice?

kroger has cherry juice in the healthy food section...simple truth by kroger

Tart Cherry juice is VERY expensive, and did not work for me. It MUST be NON-PASTURIZED to work. Good luck finding that. Frozen tart cherries does work, but what was a MIRACLE for me wac GOUCH! by Redd Remedies. You can get it on Amazon, or at Sprouts. It is 10X concentrated cherry extract powder that melts the Gout crystals very quickly. Better than any pharmaceutical on the market.

Trader Joes has tart cherry juice.

Try Goutmill from Dr Reddy's Lab. Best ever

Don’t drink the juice. Get the pills, too much sugar in the juice, high sugar, especially fructose, the type in fruit juice, increases Uric acid production when it get broken down in the liver.

How do you use Turmeric?