This is my Story

I have been suffering from Strange Headaches and Dizziness for over 3 Months Now.

The Headaches are strange since I feel the pain on the top of my head and sometimes on the sides
Sometimes I feel pain behind my Eyes and my Ears have been hising for a while.

I don't have blurry vision but I do have trouble concentrating when I read sometimes.
I do get irritated from Light and Sound.

After few blood tests I found out the following:

My uric acid level is very high arround 9. and I have no Gout at all.
My Kidney Functioning is OK but not the best since the functioning levels are in the low average. CT Scan for Kidney and Liver came normal.

The most annoying problem im facing is the daily headaches and the daily tinnitus.

Hi there, did you have any questions or are you posting about what your issues are? Can you let me know if you do have any questions? Thanks!

Omar, just now seeing this.  I have had the exact same headaches along witht he dizziness, eye pains etc.  I went to the Doctor, thinking it was Vertigo cause I had it before a few years back.  This head pain did not accompany the previous vertigo though.  The doctor saw the fluid in my ears (dizziness vertigo) and gave me eardrops. The headaches did not go away.  In the mean time, I took a blood test.  I had a perfect bill of health except my Uric Acid levels were extremely high, but I had zero gout symptoms.  Ever since I started to take the medicine (Alllopurinol) for the high uric acid, my headaces have aleviated tremendously (thank god). I know this post is from a year ago, but if you experienced the same results, let me know, because the last 3 weeks have been terrible cause of this. take care.

I have been suffering from similar headache and eye pain pain for last 3 months. Just recently the headache and eye pain starting coming on daily basis. Had my blood test done and all was fine except uric acid i.e 9.2. Doctor has prescribed me medicine which I started yesterday. Could the pain be related to the uric acid ?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have always this freaking headache! and when i got blood test i have a 9.7 uric acid level. im not sure if the headache is cause by high uric? is there a scientific or medical explanation regarding this matter? T_T

the headache i have is similar to the post, pain in my ear sometimes, my eyes, side of my head. T_T this is crazy.

I have a dizziness persistent for almost a week and that triggered me to consult to a doctor. I described all the symptoms I had and afterwards he advised me to check my blood. When the result was available, we found out that my uric acid was above the normal 7.0 - it was 9.1 already. She prescribe me a medicine allupurinol for 1 month .. and let us see how it works to me.. I m taking it for 4 days as I type this msg..

i have been experiencing the same... Im only 22 years old and I wake up in th middle of the night having migraine, eye pains and dizziness. sometimes at work its really unhealthy cause i lose focus and i even forget the right words to say casue of the pain and dizziness. its all because of a high uric acid. i like drinking beer that's why. and I dont eat at the right time. when i cut down alcohol, fatty, oily foods the eye pain and migraine went GONE! ASAP. I have gerd and i didnt really payed attention, not I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT OR ELSE IT CAN LEAD TO CANCER, ESOPHAGUS CANCER OR THE INTESTINE. i make sure that when i wake up I eat my jellos just 2. or a banana or an apple.. jello works well cause i jsut slurp it and GO.

I have eleveated uric acid since 2010 from 8.5 to 10.4 but without any gout pain. for the last 6 months i found out that after eating red meat especially beef, in just 6 hours the same headache at the back of my head appears and will last for a whole day. I decided to check my uric acid and I got 10.4 after a day of that headache attack. I experience this headache every time I eat high purine containing food. I talked to several doctors and they are not convinced that my headache is due to elevated uric acid. I'm having a second thought on taking medication to lower my uric acid using Febuxostat since there might me other reasons why my uric is elevated. Please share your experiences on this...

I just found the correlation between the high uric acid and headaches. I have suffered from migraines for 20 years, and gout for about 10. I never had a clue that they could be related until I started finding all of these testimonies. I control my gout with dried cherries. It breaks up the crystals that cause the gout pain, and stops the pain almost instantly. I am gonna see if it helps the headaches!!!!!!

Hi, just an update regarding my headache. Maybe anyone could try what i did and see the effect. Since my post, I was given atenurix for a month to reduce my uric acid and reached around 7.5. however, after 3 to 4 months, the uric acid increased again even with intake of high purine food. Hence, the headache a day after eating beef like hamburger, liver, etc still happened. I discussed this with my doctor and she told me that high uric acid should not cause headache. I noticed before the end of atenurix treatment that there was some kind of inflammation or pain near the area of my liver. I realize that maybe my headache is due to my liver. I seldom drink alcohol that is why I consider my liver working properly. Three weeks ago, i decided to take Sylimarin just to try the effect. after a week of taking one capsule a day, I happened to eat a burger. Expecting a headache on the next day, but the usual headache did not occur. I continued taking the supplement for another week and tried again a burger king whooper. Again the next day there was no headache. I am presently taking the supplement for 4 weeks now and the feeling every morning is so great like I've been on a deep sleep and fully rejuvenated. I am now constantly testing by eating high purine food like peanuts, beef, liver,salmon etc. So far no headache.
Again, my condition prior to taking this supplement is high uric acid (hypeuricemia) without gout (no pain in joints) and headache (lower back of head) a day after eating high purine food. I will monitor my uric acid after a month and check if there is a reduction.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

this was Andoy, by the way...

Well, I will consider this good news (far better then a brain tumor). I've had gout for 20 years and recently it started making tophi on my ear, in my eyebrows, and the same weird headache you guys are talking about; on the side of the head above my ear. Allpurionol makes my feel like c**p and even feel crazy!? Anybody else get that feeling?
Gary

I don't know if my uric acid is high but I do suffer from gout during a recent gout flare up I noticed when I get up at 9 time is it in the morning and I feel really dizzy and like I'm getting ready to fall down and pass out I was just wondering if that could be caused by having high uric acid do to have an account flare up and sometimes I do have a headache

I am an 81 year old woman who suffered from vertigo for years (from age 29 - 60). It was caused by gout. Because most gout studies use men, women's symptoms have been overlooked. I had bunions on both big toes, removed in my forties, and carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, also repaired. When I entered menopause, the dizziness stopped, but I discovered certain foods - mushrooms, dried beans, shell fish, turkey, chicken, and red meats would trigger gout pain in my knees and fingers. I also had a tinnitus attack which left me deaf in one ear and then the other, which was treated with prednisone. I also had ocular and pulmonary sarcoid in my 70s, treated with prednisone. I am a prednisone "responder" and can no longer take it. I control the gout by careful attention to my diet - not eating gout-causing foods 2 days in a row, and most of the time can continue to eat shell fish occasionally without a flare up. I have had side effects from a lot of medicines, so have chosen not to take allipurinol (it made my father very sick to his stomach), but drink cherry juice whenever I eat any food that gives me gout. When I have a gout attack, not often now, I take colchicum pills made by my Naturopath doctor. I get relief right away and seldom have to take it for more than 2 days. It is important that I know what's in my food so I can avoid gout attacks. I have also found that strengthening the muscles around my knees and shoulders through exercises recommended by a Physical Therapist has helped. Plus I drink mostly water.