A few months ago, I started having pains at the lower back of my head, on the left and right side simultaneously, just before the skull meets the neck. It feels like something is pressing against my skull. It can last a whole day or a few seconds and generally happens 4 to 5 times a week. I actually have to stop and wait it out because it is that painful. I havent been to the doctors because i dont want to find out i have tumors or something. Im 22 and generally healthy, i dont have any illnesses and i am not on any medications. I get migraines and headaches as well quite often but those pains are more often concentrated around my temples and sinus areas. Since i have a lot of head pains and this pressure is quite new im afraid to ask but any ideas on what this is or if it is serious would be appreciated. I have also tried taking tylenol and aspirin to relieve the pain but it does no use the best thing i can do is wait it out.

Thanks

I've recently been having the same problem with the pressures in back of head deal. Mine makes me lightheaded and feel as if nothing in the back of my head. I am worried also, and I am 22 as well. It a scary feeling because I've never felt it before. The best way I can describe it is sinus pressures in the back of my head and every time I raise my eyebrows, the pressure is greater than if relaxed. I FEEL YOUR PAIN, or should I say, PRESSURE. LOL
don't laugh too hard.

Any doctors out there reading please give some kind of answer, if not that then a way to relieve some of the pressures. Thanks

I am also 22 years old, and have had head pressure for about 4 months, and like the second post mine is always a pressure and not pain. It also effects my balance and makes me feel light headed, and generally not well. Having been to about 4 different neurologists and neurosurgeons, with no results, I have finally figured out that I was having muscle spasms from my neck, which can cause pressure in the back of the head. I'm seeing a chriopractor to treat this, so something you might consider

I have this same thing and asked a friend who is a homeopath.
She says that area is a pressure point for the gallbladder.
She suggested stop eating a bunch of junky food and eat healthy
and do a cleanse for the gallbladder and liver both.
Plus get a tincture remedy for the gallbladder.

It sounds like it could be a tension headache. I have had some last as long as 3 days. It was impossible to work. Talk to your dr - he/she will be able to give you some pain meds to help when you have an attack. What I was given was a barbituate/caffeine combo (Esgic Plus), and was told to take it ONLY once other pain remedies (Tylenol, sleep, dark room, etc) didn't work. Obviously, also try to reduce the stress in your life as well.

Hi i'm trying to find answers for my self aswell on a very similar issue... i'm 21, i'll be 22 in a month. i've had that pressure to at the base of my skull and top of my spine. except mine doesnt go away i've had it since october 31st 2009 and it's still here. i take no meds and generaly very active. for me its constant the slightest tilt or turn increases the pressure. it's kinda funny because i have no idea what its is. i'll get almost like muscle spazm feeling or like that shooting pain twitch going under my ears and i have the emergency brodcast system in my head or that twitch thing going around my temples that blur my vision for a while even get that twitch thing over my head and i have no blance when it happens... i've gotten cold sweats from it nausia the light headed feeling like i'm high on something... 18 days straight... and it all fluxuates and totally random but never goes away... i'm not a doctor, but i need to see one asap because it's getting to much. i would hope someone can help with some advise or something anything.

I've had the same thing , the answer is a healthier diet and excersise and it'll all go,away

I have those same symptoms and was finally diagnosed w a chiari malformation.
At first I was told I was a winey teenager w growing pains. Later a pinched nerve.
Finally a chiari malformation. I had my first surgery 16 years ago. Then I had another a year ago because symptoms got worse again.
I highly recommend getting an MRI just to be on the safe side. These do not show up in CT Scans

I'm not a doctor, but something that helps me is going to see a chiropractor and having your neck adjusted. Putting some ice on the back of your head/neck helps relieve it a little as well.