I'm 36 year old female, have had headaches x6 months along with an enlarged lymph node at base of skull just above hairline (occipital I think it's called). MRI was normal, ultrasound revealed enlarged lymph node, neurologist wanted to treat as headaches and sent me to ENT to evaluate enlarged lymph node, routine blood work just revealed low b12 (taking supplements now). Vision is good, already had eye exam. Usually over the counter meds treat any pain I have and they haven't relieved headaches at all, neurologist tried migraine meds which haven't helped either. ENT Dr. seems to think the headaches are causing the enlarged lymph node and wants to treat headaches to see if lymph node goes down any, but I can't help but think the node is causing the headaches because when I press on node it makes headache worse. (I know THEIR the Dr. and spent years on schooling, etc and specialize in this stuff but doesn't make since to me) The node itself isn't sore to touch, just worsens headache. So far the new meds from ENT isn't helping either, and am told my node is just about nickel size and they don't biopsy it until half dollar size. I'm tired of going from dr to dr when I have to work and my insurance is about to end, I just want answers, so any help is greatly appreciated to steer me in the right direction.

Anyone, I'm curious as to whats wrong as well.

I still have no definite answers, ENT is trying to treat as a sinus issue with nose sprays, problems still not resolved, I requested copy of MRI which according to the dr who read it I have a Chiari Malformation (apparently little is known about it in this area) I researched it and specialists in other states an am waiting to get an appt for them to review. Other than that I still have no clue as to whats going on.

I still have no answers at this time, treating as a sinus issue at this time but problems persist. It's a waiting game I guess.

I have exact same problem and like you said when I push on it I can feel make my headache worse. Anything?

I have had horrible headaches at least 3 days each week since April 2017. I have seen ENT, 4 neurologists, neurosurgeon, pain specialist, medical director of sports medicine in boston, and trigger point injections, botox, and dry needling procedures. Normal MRI of head and neck, normal MRA of head, and multiple xrays of my neck. I started traction at physical therapy and noticed whenever the pads pushed on the base of my skull, I immediately had head pain!! I had an ultrasound of the tissues at the base of my skull showed i have two swollen glands 2cmx1cm on both sides at the base of my skull where my hair loss patches are (found when i had to shave part of my head) and where if the area is touched even slightly, I get severe head pain. May need biopsy, waiting for next steps, possibly bloodwork to start, maybe cobsult with ebdocrinologist. I will post updates. No medication has worked (gabapentin, carbamazepine, topiramate, nsaids, methylprednisolone, prednisone, antidepressants, muscle relaxers, botox injectuons, nerve block injections, tramadol, valium) except for percocet (5mg) which is the only thing that stops the head pain completely. Will post updates...

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Please contact me as i am going through the same situation as you jenna

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

What tests and types of specialists have you seen? Have you had Ultrasound?

I’m having the same issues, have you figured anything out?

Hi. Any more news on this? I'm struggling to get any doctor to believe that my enlarged lymph node at the base of my skull is causing headaches. I feel constant pressure around it. I want a full head scan but they're fobbing me off. I just know there's something not right....

I'm having the same problem I'm from ky but I'm going to the doctor tomorrow cause I'm having really bad headaches as well and pain shooting down to my shoulder blade and there's a really big knot going all the way across the bad of my skull