I have had this constant pressure in my head now for 5 months, its all began when i was away on holiday in greece with my mates, all of a sudden i got this immense pressure in my head like it was going to explode and ever since its not dissapeared. My CT scan came back clear and my synasis are fine, my MRI scan i am awaiting the results but the doctor thinks that will be fine. At this moment i had the pressure in my nose, it feels like my nose needs to pop for the pressure to go away but my nose donsnt pop. when this all began it made me feel low and i had alot more symptoms but im sure that was due to anxiety so all i need to know now is what this pressure is coming from!! its like tightness in the head, nose, temples but like i said my synasis are fine as my nose is not stuffed atall. what could this be? please someone help me. I have read on the internet people sufereing the same problem and not knowing what it is so i was hoping you may know. could it be my jaw bone or nose bone? please help and write back, thanks

I am glad you are taking CT and MRI scans to rule out more serious conditions such as a brain tumor. I don't have a good answer to your question. But I do have a not-so-good answer that I want to share. I think constant pressure in the head may be a form of tension headache that, for some reason, has failed to develop into full-blown headache. I too had experienced pressure in my head in the past. I went to see a massage therapist and the pressure was gone almost immediately. I am postulating that muscle tension in my upper back, neck, jaw and face were the root cause of the feeling of pressure in my head. You may also try aspirin to see if it helps.

I'm going through the same thing. I tried ncr treatments and so far they haven't worked. My Ct scans and MRI's are fine. I have the pressure in my nose right between my eyes, and my temples. I've taken antibiotics for any possible sinus infections. Let me know if you hear what this could be. No headaches, just pressure. It's about to drive me nuts.

I have the same problems, mine started almost a year ago, i was in an apartment that got central air, it was SO cold cause it was small, then about 2 weeks later it got VERY damp in my apartment, so damp i had to move, ever since then i was sick, ive been treated for sinus infectins about 4 times, then most recently was checked for allergies, they found nothing, also did a scan of my sinuses, showed nothing. I didnt always have the pressure in my nose and eyes, thats new, i;ve had that about 2 months now. I went to the hospital twice, they didn't do anything but give me more pills for sinus, after i told them thats not what it was ....i hope someone on here can figure something out, its the most frustrating thing ive ever been through i must say. And im only 24 :S ....

All that is is just a symptom of anxiety and stress. It tends to give you funny feelings like there is some pressure buildup in your nose, amongst other feelings. So yeah, hope that answers your question.

Hi maddy

i am having the same problem what you have and i did operation for sinus deviated septum, i was feel perfect for about three months and it comes again, doctor said its depression and i took somany medications for 5 years, nothing improved

pls let me know if your problems cured and send to my email id which is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

thanks
suresh

Hi ppl,

I have the same miracle problem. I get pressure in my nose from time to time, it started about a year ago and its been with me ever since. Doctors have cleared me for sinus, have had mri and ct scan. Am still investigating problem with no success, i thought i was alone in world to have this problem, glad there s more. If anyone finds a solution please advise.

I posted this, have become a member now. If anyone has any answers please message me.

hello. i ve the same problems.. the pressure starts from my nose and goes to my head and temples and it comes time to time..i ve MRI and BT scan but nothing is there. i am going to check for allergies but it doesn't seem that is allergy. and i dont have any sinus infection neither. and i have anxiety...do you guys have anxiety disorder? maybe that's the reason.

Hi, this may sound strange, but you should also think about a dental check up & a dental x-ray to find out if you have TMJ.....which is a misalignment of the jaw. This causes the sufferer to grind the teeth which can leed to pressure in the teeth, jaw, temples, rear of the skull & behind the nose. This what was causing the same problems for me & I have 2 lower impacted wisdom teeth which exacerbates the problem. I had the CT scans, skull x-rays, was put on pills for anxiety & depression, but in the end it was my dentist that found the problem. I'm still waiting to have my lower wisdom teeth out which hopefully will relieve the problem totally but just knowing what it is is half the battle sometines. This would be worth checking out in your case I feel. Hope your situation improves! :)

First purchase a sinupulse to irrigant your nose twice a day.Find a chiropractor and try acupressure then acupunture.See an allergist.I'm on a gluten wheat and dairy free diet.Sugar free came into play later.This is where I got from wanting to die to feeling okay.It's not over but it's better.

I too am having the same issue. Pressure all over my head. Dull pains in my ears. Pains in temple and jaw. Making me so nervous . I had a ct scan of sinus and that came back normal. Praise God! Not enjoying this feeling, has anyone found the solution?

Try local bee honey the only thing that has worked for me ever. Will take 2 days to work...hope this helps.

Hell I'm 24 yrs old and I'm having the same problem. Any solution yet

me too bump, seems more when i smoke if that helps, all other symptoms are exact same as rest; real tight in nose especially when i breathe in through nose. it feels like it is gonna explode when i touch places all over my head, i havent been to dentist in awhile, may grind my teeth alot, im anxietetic(lol, you get it, but not on medication, divorced, stressed, anyway).  also just moved into a new apartment, winter started??.  its a small apt with central air, i questioned the managers for mold, they said they checked and said no, that is what i have, hope this info helps to add something up in someone elses head, what is the most common thing we all do, smoke, central air, mold, anxiety, teeth, who knows...some weird virus, lol, ok.