My girlfriend is experiencing problems similiar to the ones you see on the enlarged prostate advertisements: She often feels like she needs to go, has trouble going and never really feels like her bladder is empty. I know an enlarged prostate can cause these sypmtoms in men, but what can cause it in women? She's 25, otherwise healthy, no kids.

Thanks in advance.

I had this problem and it turned out to be a kidney stone in the urithra. Sometimes it would get stuck and stop urination completely and sometimes it wouldn't stop it at all. I finally got diagnosed when I started Peeing Blood.

My wife had similar problems, and would often get bladder infections (is that a symptom also?) It turned out she had a small tumor in her bladder right at the "neck" of the bladder where it flows into the urethra. It was caught early and taken care of. This is rare in young women (unless they smoke), but just to be safe it wouldn't hurt to have what is called an "IVP" exam. Basically, you drink this stuff and they take pictures of how it travels through your system.

My mother just went through an IVP test. The report said that she has an enlarged Prostate. How can women have this, since only men have prostates? Did they just get her records mixed up with another persons? this is really scarey. We will not know whats going on for another couple of weeks when she goes back to the doctor. She has been keeping Kidney and Urinary Tract infections for sometime now.Thanks to whomever can give my mind some relief on this subject.

even i have the same problem and am 26.. do i get pregnancy ??