Hi, I have blood in urine for two days and I suddenly got hearloss. How can this be related? Is there any connection between urinary infection and ears? I had a urinary infection two weeks ago, but it was cured.

Blood in the urine is a common problem, called hematuria. Women have hematuria more than men, since they are more likely to have urinary infections. Any infection, inflammation or injury of urinary system may result in bleeding. Visible blood indicates damage of the lower tract ureters, bladder or urethra. Kidney stones are commonly the cause. Cancers of kidney, bladder and prostate are also considered as source of blood in urine by elderly patients. Kidney disease and blood clotting disorder should be considered as well. There is no connection between loss of hearing and hematuria, or you should consult a professional to try to make a diagnose.