I am 44 years old, and for the last couple of years I have been experianceing on occasion moderate to severe pain and spasms in the area of my prostate, or deep inside my rectal area. It's hard to describe the exact location of the pain. Sometimes it's triggered by defecating,
sometimes it wakes me up as a gradual disscomfort and becomes a moderate to severe pain. The spasms usually occur after the sharp pain begins to subside and feels like the spasms when you ejaculate, in the same area, except their painful. I haven't heard of this kind of pain being associated with enlarged prostate.

If you haven't seen a doctor for this issue, I strongly suggest it. But if you have and they don't know what it is, it could be aberrant nerves. This causes pain and muscle spasms in the prostate area.

i had the same problem ended up being a prostate abscess,have your urologist do a transrectal ulrasound of your prostate ,if its and abscess they can drain it.

if it could be aberrant nerves, how to cure this

I once in awhile will get a shock feeling in my penis. My balls have had a mild pain for years. I had many years ago my balls ultra sound or what not, and they said perfect. Does this match anything?

I have a question.., ive recently notice that i get a strong pain when i specifivly touch a certain spot in my balls.., but i dont have any pain anywhere else when i touch,,thats why i never really notice this..what can this pain be????????

Hopefully, you have been checked out by a urologist for issues like enlarged prostate or prostatitis (an inflammatory condition that can affect younger men and may be chronic). Pressure from an enlarged or inflamed prostate could cause the symptoms you describe and should be treated by a qualified doctor. In the meantime, I would suggest using a prostate supplement (health professionals recommend Prostate Ph) containing natural botanicals that can support long-term prostate health and may even lower the risk of prostate cancer.

Good luck to you!

Alex, PhD

You're a m***n!!! All the men that have suffered and died from prostate cancer and you make such a brainless remark.

I feel that this can be my issue, i was diagnosed with acute prostatitis, found out through mri and rectal ultrasound that my prostate is enlarged 50-52 cc in volume. the average size for a person in there 20s through there 30s should be  22-30 cc volume size for there prostate and for some reason my is not there and im 22 yrs old. i have a sharp on and off pain on the left side of my prostate like a spasm  and i get abnormal erections that come and go similar like praipism, but they even stay in a flaccid length state. I am wondering what can cause this could it be a prostate abscess causing these issue. i have also relapse on an infection so this can be a reason to my situation. i am just wondering how come it did not show up in my MRI or rectal ultrasound since i am having all the system that are similar to Dewayne... any suggestions.... the only reason is because im thinking is because of inflammation.

I'm 40 years old and have been putting up with the same symptoms for a couple of years. Most of the time it will happen when im sleeping. Wake up to pain, which gradually get worse, till im sweating and feel as though I could pass out. This happens very sporadically. (it can be weeks in between episodes and sometimes months) I have explained this to my doctor on more than one occasion and he keeps treating me for a prostate infection. I have taken antibiotics on three different occasions and it keeps coming back. It has happened a couple of times after intercourse, but usually at night while i'm sleeping. So far, with all of the searching I have done, yours is about the best explanation of how it feels, although I would add this. I wouldn't say that I have experienced any spasms, but the pain can be unbearable. Not that there is anything funny about this, but I was starting to believe in the whole "being probed by aliens while you sleep" bit.

Sounds like Proctalgia fugax. I have the same problem on a pretty infrequent basis too, and my doctor suggested massaging the spasmodic area. Unfortunately this involves inserting something into the rectal/prostate area, but it actually works pretty well.

It might be Proctalgia fugax.

Pain in the balls? Are you married??

Pelvic floor dysfunction

You have pelvic floor dysfunction. You are over straining When you defecate which causes your pelvic floor muscles to spasm. You will need Physical Theraphy and possibly valium suppositories. Finding a good physical therapist Will be the hardest part as they are all women and usually only treat other women and Feel uncomfortable treating men.