It's been longer than a year now I suffer from prolonged mouth ulcers and I can't figure out what is causing them. It is not like I have these mouth ulcers continuously but they reoccur so frequent and I don't have just one mouth ulcer that reoccur occasionally they are few of them that are occurring alternately so it is very rarely I don't have mouth ulcers. So what might be the cause of these prolonged mouth ulcers? Thanks!

It is obvious that some injury is not the cause of your mouth ulcers. So those mouth ulcers are actually aphthous ulcers that might be caused by many factors such as lack of vitamin B12 complex, iron and folic acid. Also the cause of your prolonged mouth ulcers may be stress or the food you consume as well as some viral infections such as herpes simplex virus. I have mouth ulcers but very rare but anyway I think that the treatment would be the same in your case of prolonged mouth ulcers too - you need to keep regular oral hygiene with using regular antiseptic mouthwashes I usually use warm water and salt but if you have painful mouth ulcers you may use some local anesthetic such as lignocaine.