I have to say that I am pretty frightened. Few days ago while watching TV and eating potato chips I felt pain on back of my tongue. Now it feels sore on that spot. What do you think is happening with me?

It is impossible for me to diagnose you like this. To be able to tell you what is wrong with you, I would need to examine you. As you are aware, this is not possible. However, I will try to help you by giving you the information that you need. What you have told me sounds simple. It seems to me that you have hurt your tongue while eating the potato chips that can be very solid at times. If the pain does not go away, the best thing for you is to visit your doctor. This way, he will be able to determine if you have some of the diseases of oral cavity. I will tell you some things about mouth ulcers. A mouth ulcer is the loss or erosion of part of the delicate tissue that lines the inside of the mouth and some of the causes include certain drugs, chemicals and infectious diseases. Most mouth ulcers are harmless and resolve by themselves in a few days but other types such as the aphthous need medical treatment.