One week ago I have noticed some sores in my mouth. I was so scared so I went to my doctor. He diagnosed me with mouth ulcer. Even though my doctor told me the basic about this condition, I would like to know more. What is mouth ulcer?

A mouth ulcer is the loss or erosion of part of the delicate tissue that lines the inside of the mouth. The most common cause is mechanical injury, such as accidentally biting your cheek. Some of the causes are certain drugs, chemicals and infectious diseases such as herpes or thrush. In most cases, mouth ulcers are harmless and resolve by themselves. They usually don’t need medical treatment. Other types of mouth ulcers need medical treatment, such as the aphthous ulcers. Aphthous ulcers are recurring ulcers with no known cause. If your mouth ulcers don't clear up within a few days see your doctor. The symptoms can be managed and the risk of complications reduced but it is impossible to speed the recovery of mouth ulcers. I am sure that you will be ok and you don’t have to worry about the complications.