New Member
1 post

Im 16 years old and ive been having sex with my boyfriend that ive been with for a year and 7 months now. we lost our virginity last year september and ever since we've ALWAYS used a condom. the last time we did it was on the 29th of april (was protected sex) which was 4 or 5 days after i had gotten off my period. its been 2 weeks since the last time we had sex and i was supposed to get my period may 13th but it came 2 days later but i am still afraid that i might be pregnant. everytime we have sex i always make sure he puts one on and it never ripped or broke or anything. i want to take a pregnancy test to confirm it all but im not so sure. can my period be delayed because ive been stressing about this alot mentally and emotionally? i really just want to put myself at ease and not stress myself out anymore about this. also ive been feeling sick like nauseous but i dont vomit, and ive had sore nipples since saturday and alot of watery clear discharge but i feel as if its normal because usually when my period is going to come i start to have a lot of discharge. please help me out.

Health Guru

Hi, are your cycles normally regular and how long is your cycle?

Stress can delay a period or even cause you to miss your period altogether in some cases, if the thought of pregnancy worries you so much then why don't you go on the pill as well so you have a back up as no contraception is 100% effective.

Yes my cycles are regular and they are usually 5-7 days long. Ive asked my mom about putting me on birth control (she doesnt know that im doing it at this age though) and she doesnt want to put me on it so the only thing i can do is use condoms or dont do it at all lol. But thank you so much, i figured if i took my mind off of it to not stress myself so much that it would come and it did so im happy about it, but i will try to convince her about putting me on BC because i really do want to get on it.

You said your period came 2 days later than expected so that means you had a period sometime AFTER sex? You can’t have a period when you are pregnant so that may ease your stress a lot