Hello my name is Daisy,i am 19 years old and i have been sexually active with my boyfriend for about two years now. I am not of bith control and we do use a condom at the very end, when he feels he is going to get an orgasm. We have sex almost every other day and my cycle is 30-32 days. I keep track and my period should of gotten here the 13th or 14th of this month , i drank like 3 shots on valentine's and i felt abdomen and back pain. I thought i would get my period but i haven't and i heard that if you drink a shot or two it can delay a womens periond...HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!! I AM VERY SCARED, is this true or is there a chance that i can be pregnant .....please answer me asap....thanks %-)

has anyone replied to this message and i can't find it anywhere? well, about a week ago i started drinking about a beer every night and a couple nights ago i got drunk on a couple screwdrivers, plus i've been watching what i eat more and i've exersized more than i usually do and i was suppose to start my period 3 days ago. but i think a mixture of all that plus me stressing over it has made it delay b/c i'm not on birth control and i went from not have very much sex to having sex as aften as you and we've only been together for 3 months, and i know depending on how sexually active you are, can altar when you start your period b/c you're body isn't used to it. but we've been having sex the same way for three months and have only ever used a condom a total of 3 or 4 times and i've never missed a period in the last 2 months so i just think it depends on your daily habits and if you suddenly change your habits for any reason.

don't take what i say to a T b/c i'm just speaking from experience and not from a book. and i have no medical training either....

Not to scare you but, it definitely sounds like you have something to worry about here. Waiting until your boyfriend is about to orgasm and then using a condom is probably one of the least effective methods I've ever heard of. Once a man becomes sexually excited there is already a small amount of ejaculate produced by his body. If you've ever manually stimulated a man you will notice this small amount of fluid on the tip of his penis. While it's arguable that there is enough sperm in this fluid to impregnate you, it is fairly possible. In addition, you are running a huge risk that he will be able to pull out or stop himself in time. I'm not trying to scare you, but if it turns out that you're safe this time you should definitely consider alternative methods of birth control. Condoms should never be optional outside of a committed (married) monogamous relationship. I say a married relationship because chances are if you aren't ready to commit to each other for life, you aren't ready to commit to a child. Looking beyond pregnancy there is always the potential of catching a STD. While these are painful and embarrassing they can also do harm to you physically making it difficult to have children when you are ready. Several STDS are INCURABLE, the most well known of these is Herpes. Sex is an awesome thing, it's a way to bond with someone you love and lets be honest it feels great, but you have a responsibility to yourself. Your health is more important than your partner's pleasure. If you are lucky enough to make it through this without incident you should make it a point to act more thoughtfully and responsibly in the future. I hop you never put yourself in this situation again. Good Luck.

Ok guyz lets not all jump the gun yet, Daisy firstly id like to introduce myself my names Dean and i have self studied the sexual flow of humans for 2 years now.What you must understand is youve been having intercourse now since the age of 17.

A women can have a period anything inbetween 21-31 days on her menstrual cycle and cases have been recorded of change even more extreme than yourself. A women doesnt fully stop developing sexual until 23 most people think its 21 but its actually 23

There are many factors that can prolong a period the first being excercise many athletic swimmers have whats sorta like a random period date due to the bodies been used constantly and high amounts of pressure pushing on her abdomen. Alcohol all in all can effect ANYTHING medical be it using it on an open wound knocking someone out or curing a cough the likelyhood off it effecting your period however is small thatll be the increased amount of pressure on your ovaries.

Ive devised some basic rules to help you out.

1) DONT PANIC- theres so many times when getting scared can create more of a problem than everything else.

2)TALK- talk to your boyfriend and if circumstances allow you to your parents youll be shocked how much they know.

3)CONDOMS- using a condom for the last 10 seconds of sex is about as much use as wearing one on his foot to prevent pregnancy , Seminal ejaculation or that liquid that comes out also carries sperm ,some of the time its sperm left inside the penis in the tube from his testicles to his end, or some of the time its fresh you are putting yourself at high risk doing that. Now as for STD unless either of you is unfaithful you shouldnt be worried but it wont take much for you to guess the rest now would it.

First of all: she's 19.....I don't know ANY 19 year old that was mature. And who ever said she was going to "kill the child"?! She never once mentioned that. Don't turn this girl's question into a pro-life v. pro-choice debate. Go somewhere else if you want to have political debates.

HELLO MY NAME IS RIYA
ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAD .... IN MAY09, FROM 10-18 MAY.
HE USED CONDOMS EVERY TIME BUT SOMETIMES USED TO INSERT PENIS WITHOUT IT. THOUGH HE NEVER EJACULATE INSIDE ME BUT WITH CONDOMS ONLY.
ONLY WHILE FOREPLAY HIS LUBRICATION USE TO GET INSIDE ME
DOES LUBRICATION CONTAINS SPERM????
MY PERIODS WERE ABT TO COME ON 23RD MAY BUT THEY HAVE NOT??
WHAT COULD BE THE REASON????
AM I PREGNANT?

first off, i'd like to say i came across this topic while trying to research my own subject. "does drinking alcohol stop a womans period".

while i did not find the answer to my own question i'd like to post a little bit about it to possibly help someone else out there.

please keep in mind THIS IS MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

normally i get my period for 5 days. 2 light at the beginning (slowly becoming more heavy), 2 VERY heavy day and then one very light day and then i'm done.
i am a moderate to heavy drinker, and i have found that when i am due for my period and begin my lighter first few days and begin drinking heavily, my period ends. and is delayed for at least 3 to 4 days. i've been trying to research why this happens (i'm thinking dehydration due to drinking but can't be sure obviously) but wanted to share it with you.

I've been using that method for 5 years and have never had a problem. Maybe you just need a guy that knows what he's doing hey? 8-|

First of all, I have to agree with the previous posters who have stated that waiting until just before your boyfriend is about to ejaculate to put a condom on is an extremely ineffective way to prevent pregnancy.
It is entirely possible to get pregnant on pre-ejaculate alone. I know someone who has, and she was a nurse. Please use a condom to begin with even though there might be a lack of sensation to both of you. It is safer. If not, get yourself some birth control.
As far as the drinking goes, that can cause your period to delay depending on how serious the drinking is. If you only had a few shots then I doubt it would cause you to miss your period. It is more likely that you are pregnant from irresponsible behavior.

First of all I think people who want to answer should answer what Daisy is asking rather than yell at her about her preferred method of contraception. Withdrawal is a valid and time tested method of contraception, and done perfectly, it can prevent a pregnancy 96% of the time, which are about the same odds as latex which can go wrong if it breaks or is not worn correctly. Pre-come rarely contains sperm in it since the environment for sperm is hostile. Any sperm making its way into precome is from a previous ejaculation which has not been washed away by urination. There is little to no chance of a pregnancy through precome so if she and her partner are making sure the come falls well away from the vulva, she is fine on that count.
I have the same question as Daisy. The night before my period was due I drank a little bit of whiskey - maybe 3 or 4 shots. My period keeps feeling like it will come but won't. In addition I'm a little concerned that my partner and I used the withdrawal mehtod (correctly) right in the middle of my cycle when I was ovulating. I am not worried about a pregnancy scare because I know that no come got into me. But I did want to know if the delayed period could be because of the alcohol just hours before it was due.

Hola!!,

I just wanted to let all of you know that from my experience it can slow down, or even stop your period. this has happened to me twice. The first time my period was due the next day after a night of heavy drinking and it was 2 days late. Then the next time my period had just started and i had a couple drinks (2-3), and it completely stopped that same night of drinking and dint continue till the next afternoon. So i do believe yes it can definetly delay a girl's period, based on my own personal experience. I hope this helps! XD

usually i get my period at the end of the i am sexually active and have for about a year now. not on birth control but i am going to go get checed out and get on it tomorrow. but i have been stressed and sad, and it led me to drink for 3 weekends like every saturday  idk if i  am prego or not im jus scared i took a prego test twice and  both time it said negative.. but my bf doesnt where condams but he pulls a min. before hes about to finish. so far that method has worked. but i am going on bc. bc i dont want to end up gettinmg pregonat and reason why i havent been on it for a year is bc of my health insurance and stuff.

that method of withdrawal doesn't work.  I have 8 children and I can atest to the fact you need to put the condom on before you get started.. Go and take a pregnancy test.  wish yoiu the best !!!!!!

well i am a twenty six year old female, and i usually inconsistent period every few months, for example if my period will come the 13th of a month and it will be like that for a few months well or thereabout like the 12th or 14th, and then it will just change it's course and come like the 25th the next month and start all over again, so i never really keep in touch with the cycle. i have been having sex for the past two and a half years with my current boyfriend an he never used  a condom, he always pulls out before that time. luckily, i never had a pregnancy or had to  throw away a child since i am not ready for a child. but my point is, if you are coming to a consistent menstrual cycle on  a monthly basis, and you see that a week has past for the most, take a pregnancy test just to be sure, instead of unnnecessarily alarming yourself. and if indeed you are pregnant, it wont be too late to make a decision.

if you honestly think that lubrication contains sperm, you should not be having sex, due to the lack of knowledge you clearly dont have.