ive been on adderall XR 20 mg (2 daily) for about two weeks now, and i have noticed that my urine is very yellow and smelly, sort of lot boiled eggs. im not a constant water drinker either. i also have to urinate more often. could this be a side effect of being on adderall?

my urine smells strong when i take adderall. is this normal?
the smell is undescribeable. its a sort of ammonia, chemical-like.
anyone have similar experiance?

yea my urine has a strong smell and is dark also since being on adderall XR20 and XR30

Yeah I didnt even think about it, but I have been on it for about three weeks. And actually just yesterday I was pissing, and it was just about strong enough to knock you down. And then I read this and its like damn, my piss stinks

I'm not a doctor, but I have been on Adderall for 3 months and I noticed early on I had to pee more frequently and my body odor was stronger than usual (I'm a woman). I figured it was because Adderall is dehydrating to the system, so I have been drinking more water throughout the day (also helps another symptom, dry mouth). It definitely helps! Of course, if your urine smells badly for any reason for a while, you should see your dr. in case it's anything else.

I just started Adderall and my urine, as well as my stool smells horrible, like burning hair. It's disgusting. We are in the middle of a major renovation in my house, so I actually made my husband check all the wiring in the bathroom for fire!!!! LOL nope, no need to call 911, just my ass...could you imagine that situation, the fire department busting through my walls looking for an electrical fire, and it was just me pooping OMG!!!

All of you guys are dehydrated... your urine is concentrated... one of the major side effects of adderall is dehydration, and you should be focusing on drinking more water. If your feces also smells intense, I would still look into the dehydration issue. A lot of people have no idea what kind of dehydrating effects adderall could have. Someone above mentioned the smell of eggs. It's called H2S, i.e. hydrogen sulfide - drink more water! If you still have doubts, try using a cup to measure how much you drink and how much you pee. You will see what I mean.

good luck! :-)

Same here! Idk what it's from though smells like straight ammonia

I took generic amphetamine salts for about 4 years and never had this weird smell from urine and feces. I’m now taking it again..ER or IR... and pee and poop smells like a sweet/sour/hard boiled egg smell..hard to describe..but very unpleasant and if I don’t shower a few times a day the smell seems to stay with me. I thought maybe there was a change in ingredients...like 2 more salts or something added to the drug because this smell did not happen several years ago when I took it. I do drink lots of water...up to 50 plus ounces per day but doesn’t get rid of the smell...my whole bathroom smells like this and I do keep it clean. Is this smell indicating a harmful side effect? I know generic drugs don’t have to use the same coating or base carrier of drugs but everything else is supposed to be identical. I also don’t pee out as much as I take in...I didn’t know until recently that adderal can cause kidney damage! I need the drug and it’s prescribed for me but doctors aren’t interested in this smelly side effect so what does this smell mean? And does taking it as prescribed still damage kidneys? Heart? Brain?

Yes, urine and feces smells weird...mine like a sweet sour egg smell...bad smell. I take generic adderal but I’ve always taken generic but it never made this smell until a recent prescription...I wonder if the salts have been changed or added to. Drink as much water as you can and make sure your kidneys are getting rid of excess water. My urine tests are normal but we should probably all have a blood test for kidney function.