I am a 70 year old male with several normal age related problems. High blood pressure; loss of words and decreased concentration levels; edema in my lower legs (goes with the high blood pressure. Averages 130 over 85 with medication); also very tired most of the time. Arthritis in my wrists and beginning in my knees. I believe that I also have narcolepsy as I know that I fell asleep when I wake up.

Also relevant is that I work about 70 hours a week as a hands-on IT Director for an Aerospace company with manufacturing plants all over the world. The building I am in is 90,000 and several floors. So I do not sit still all day. I need to keep studying and taking classes so as not to fall behind in my industry's advances. I my IQ is 148 so if I can't concentrate it troubles me. You should also know that I do not have an addictive personality there is no cravings involved here only logic.

I tried Provigil 20mg (kind of kept me awake but not alert); I also tried Phentermine 37.5mg (Phentermine didn't make me lose any weight but it did put a skip back in my step. It also kept me awake and alert. This medication at this dosage was working). In my continuing research on this combination of Geriatric aliments I felt that Adderall XR might be a better solution. I was able to talk a Doctor into prescribing it for me which was not easy.

I have just completed 3 months on 30mg Adderall XR and following are the results, you be the judge. I have not changed any other medication or my daily work habits.

Blood pressure is now 115 over 78
Edema is practically non-existent in my legs
My weight has not changes at all 220lbs 6'2"
My concentration has returned
My age related loss of words is practically gone.
I just finished an intensive night class in Microsoft's Exchange 2007
I sleep well and wake up refreshed

The doctor that prescribed the Adderall XR wants to not prescribe it for me any longer. So now I have to start looking all over again. (If anyone can help with this please let me know.)

It would seem to me that Shire (Adderall's manufacturer) is missing a large segment of the population. I can't be the only person that is dramatically helped with this medication.