Hello. I am a mother 34 years old and I have a son that is eight years old. My son has been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and he is taking Zoloft for his condition. He has violent mood swings and he expresses them really badly. He is being treated with meds along with behavioral therapy. Do you think that there is a chance that he will get better in time?

I have a sister that has obsessive-compulsive disorder. She is being treated with Prozac and she visits the psychiatrist every now and then. She is ok, if you ask me. She still sometimes show some symptoms, but they are reduced to well, normal, and she live with her boyfriend and they are happy. There is a chance, always. I could only speculate on this matter. There isn't a cure for OCD. But there is certainly a good treatment.