My boyfriend suffers from OCD. It can be sooo annoying sometimes. I can only imagine what it feels like for him because his worries and that constant hands washing is ruining fun so many times. He doesn’t even try to explain anymore. I try to be supportive but sometimes I just get angry. I know it’s not his fault, I did some reading on the topic and I tried talking to him but my willingness to help didn’t make any difference. However, he did agree to go to a therapy. He had two session already and he was prescribed some medicines. He didn’t say much and I don’t want to ask until he is ready to talk about it. How long can this treatment last until he starts to feel better?

It is all individual. It make take several weeks to several years. During his behavioral therapies, he will learn to how to deal with his worry without having to perform his rituals. Then, he will need to practice this-to keep things under control. Medicines influence brain chemicals to work properly and make the obsessions and compulsions feel less intense and often decrease feelings of worry and fear.
Make sure he doesn’t go through all this alone. Try to be there for him. Going alone through all of this is hard.